This was our second stay at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem. Our room last year was bigger with 2 single beds and a couch (but did not appear to be renovated). This year we were on the 8th floor (non-smoking floor) in a much smaller, but comfortable room, that looked as if it had just been renovated. Even though the room was small, it was quite comfortable for 2 people. I know a couple of previous reviews have commented that the beds are "hard", but we both thought they were firm and very comfortable. The bathroom was small but redone in a beautifully functional way (Lots of storage shelves above the toilet, a pullout magnification mirror, tub with both handheld and fixed shower heads). Every evening someone would come up and check to see if we needed more towels. The hotel staff works very hard to respond to needs and concerns. We paid $128 per night which included a huge, and excellent buffet breakfast. They also have a very nice little business center downstairs where you can buy internet time (a little pricey @ $10 per hour, but convenient).
The location of the hotel cannot be beat! It's about a 10 minute walk to the old city and a 12 -15 minute walk to the Ben Yehuda pedestrian mall and shopping area. We rented a car, which is really the BEST way to see Israel (but not for the faint of heart, since the drivers there are crazy :-). The hotel parking is free and located in an underground garage. If you're going to be out on a Friday, just be aware that they close the garage at sunset, and if you come back after that you won't be able to get in. We didn't get back to the hotel until later Friday evening but were able to find parallel parking in the drive-up/check-in area just outside the garage, along with a whole lot of other people who didn't make it back before sunset!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel is centrally located in the new part of the city, within easy reach of modern Jerusalem's lively center, theatres, shops and businesses, whilst it is still within walking distance of Jerusalem's major historic sites and the fascinating Old City. Our Jerusalem Hotel's prime location makes it a very convenient base for a family holiday or for business guests and the hotel offers a range of conference and convention facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dan Panorama Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Dan Panorama Hotel
- Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem