First of all I really enjoyed staying at this hotel, not only because it was in Jerusalem and I was already in holiday mode and having a blast, but because the hotel was upscale, comfortable, and very nice. The hotel room was much like other hotel rooms in America - I would have never known I was in Israel, except of course when in the lobby areas where you had that wonderful international vibe of different languages. I loved the big windows in the hotel room - it's an older hotel establishment and so has that wonderful charm I love. It's not a cookie cutter hotel. It's a charming older building filled with up-scaled beauty and old architectural designs. Loved it!! Also when we first arrived, my daughter and I were placed in a smoking room. I can't breathe in a smoking room. We went back down to the lobby and check-in area, and I told the nice employee our dilemma. He was very nice and professional - he understood the situation and placed us into a non-smoking room on the ninth floor which was more elaborate, but only had the one bed, but again for only one night until we could be moved into a 2 bedroom non-smoking the next day. He saved my life!! He was pleasant, professional and a great employee. When he was taking care of us, another man was questioning him in a foreign language - a European language - and he answered the man in that language. I was so impressed. I asked him how many languages he knew and he said four. Anyways on this trip to Israel we never had to stand in the check in or check out areas. When we arrived at the hotels we were taken to a large area where we were given orange juice and cookies and immediately handed our keys or the keys were all laid out on a table for us to pick up. It was done very quickly. In no time at all we were in our rooms. And out luggage was either at our doors or came a few minutes later. We never met the hotel staff usually. Then when we were to check out - we didn't have to - we just left our luggage by our doors and someone came and got them and took them down to our bus We just had to walk down to breakfast and then hop on our bus. This time was different as we were placed in a smoking room, and had to change rooms. All the other hotels we were placed in non-smoking rooms. I would recommend going to Israel with Inspired Travel. They really take care of you. You stay in 5 star hotels, get 2 guaranteed meals a day - breakfast and dinner - other travel agencies only offer occasional dinners. We also got a lot of lunches too. We went to a lot more sites than the other tours - the other tours charge more calling the excursions -optional - for us they were part of the price upfront. We had nice comfortable air-conditioned buses that became our home during the day as we explored, hiked and took in all the sites for each day, and then toward evening we were taken to our hotels that were so inviting, comfortable and relaxing. The Dan Panorama was one of those lovely hotels. One day we got 1/2 day of free time, and so my daughter and I walked to a road just behind the hotel where we discovered the YMCA and the King David Hotel. Absolutely beautiful - both of them!! We went inside both of them and took pictures, and then we traveled down the road and wound up at an up-scale mall - the Jaffa Gate Mall - near the Old City of Jerusalem. I loved that mall! It was an outdoor mall, built in old-ancient stone. We shopped and ate at a lovely café. Jerusalem is gorgeous, and that mall was incredible. A lot of our tour group went on into the Old City, but it would be quite a lot of walking and already that day we had been out walking, and so we didn't go any further as we still had about a 10 minute walk to get back to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel is centrally located in the new part of the city, within easy reach of modern Jerusalem's lively center, theatres, shops and businesses, whilst it is still within walking distance of Jerusalem's major historic sites and the fascinating Old City. Our Jerusalem Hotel's prime location makes it a very convenient base for a family holiday or for business guests and the hotel offers a range of conference and convention facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dan Panorama Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Dan Panorama Hotel
- Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem