“Our home in Jerusalem”

Dan Panorama Jerusalem
Ranked #28 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Dan Panorama hotel for 9 days. The best thing about the hotel was the staff- they were FANTASTIC! The front desk folks were always friendly, smiling, accommodating, and helpful (no matter how much I bugged them!). Thank you, Amin, for your extreme concern when my Husband got a 24 hour virus. Everyone else was great too. I thought the food was just okay- breakfast was terrible the first couple of days, but I later realized it was because we arrived just after Passover, and things had not yet gotten back to normal. Vladmir on the eggs-to-order station makes the best sunny-side up eggs ever! The orange juice should be much better, and potatoes at every meal were soggy and tasteless. But the cheeses, salads, dried fruits, and fresh honey were great. The room was a bit on the worn side, but large and clean. The pool was really nice, clean, and refreshing. Although the website advertises spa services, when I asked about scheduling a massage, I was told they didn't offer that service (I ended up going to the Inbal for that). I did take advantage of the on-site hair salon for a wash, dry, and style. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, which is a great value for the money.

Room Tip: Join e-Dan club to get the best room in category and a welcome gift (like chocolates).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Ignatzbaby,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoroughly informative feedback following your stay with us at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem; your insights are greatly appreciated.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

with kind regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,764)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Dan Panorama is fantastically located, decorated according to the height of fashion sometime before I was born, and is similar to an okay at best motel in the US. It's significantly cheaper than the nearby 5 star hotels and thus might deceive people into thinking they are getting some amazing deal. And you are getting a good deal. It's a superbly located tourist hotel in Jerusalem for less than a five star price and five star quality. You get what you pay for. But they should stop calling themselves a 5*. Any comparison to the nearby David Citadel, Mamila, or even the Inbal is going to leave the Dan Panorama in sad sad last place. It's cheaper because it should be.

The only was the Dan Panorama can make itself a bit trendier would be to start viewing its shocking decor ironically and cater to the hipster crowd. Until then, all that orange and brown and geometrical shapes simply look very outdated and make the whole place seem like it is in desperate need of a serious reality TV style makeover.

Which brings us to the next point - renovations. I suspect that the place was partially renovated, and that some of the rooms may have experienced some upgrading. But our room didn't. The bathroom was small and clean enough, the room itself a bit less clean and terribly ugly. The wall paper, the carpet, and the bizarre wall hangings and photos gave it a very strange feel. There was no mirror in the room proper (only in the bathroom) and the photos hanging were really strange. The carpet and furniture needed an upgrade. They are probably tough to clean, which would explain why they didn't seem clean. Again, it looks like there are some updates in the hotel and I suspect there may be some nicer rooms, but I don't know that there are and this is what we got. So it's all I can go on.

Overall, if it fits your budget it's an okay choice, but you may want to look at other nearby places in a similar price bracket with fewer pretensions. I personally would prefer someplace less hotely and cleaner. Just don't think you are getting a deal on a place comparable to nearby hotels. It's not comparable.

And a side note to something I almost forgot: My husband had a terrible allergic reaction to something at the hotel. A member of the hotel staff had the same problem and also couldn't stop sneezing and felt terrible. This didn't help my husband, as no one was willing to help direct us to a pharmacy (and the suggestion that they give us an antihistamine was apparently shocking. They cannot give meds.) There was also no offer to switch rooms or help in any way, not even with a glass of water. They did charge us about $5 for a small glass of apple juice then. I didn't expect much help, but some sympathy at least would have been nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Dan Panorama Jerusalem is a fantastic hotel. They have a get breakfast each morning, including amazing pancakes. The hotel also has a very nice swimming pool. When you are done swimming you can down to the swim lounge and hang in a hammock, or sit in a beach chair. In all this hotel was worth 5 stars.

Room Tip: all the romms are great!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear BradJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor and for choosing the Dan Panorama Jerusalem. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay; Thank you so much for your appraisal of our team; I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff for I am sure they will also be pleased to learn of your recognition of their attention to detail and efforts to meet your needs.We can’t wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This review is long overdue as I just found the note with the manager's name on it, but Issam Habash SAVED my trip. After several hours of crossing the border from Jordan to Israel I left my entire families passports on the shuttle. Upon check-in at the hotel I realized what I had done and immediately went into panic mode. Issam calmly and collectively made a few phone calls and took a cab personally to retrieve our passports and had them back to us within the hour. I was amazed at his calm, professionalism, and especially his hospitality. He assured me that he would get our passports back to us and did, I am so thankful for Issam because what turned out to be an amazing trip, so easily could have been a disaster.

The hotel is in an amazing location, we walked everywhere with a toddler. The breakfast buffet is also awesome, again with excellent service. I could not even consider lifting a finger, because I was immediately sat back down and someone did it for me. Our room was a good size, clean, and comfortable. Again Issam came through with an excellent tour guide for the city at an extremely affordable price.

We would definitely revisit the Dan Panorama Jerusalem if we returned to the area, and they are fortunate to have staff members like Issam.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Letty M
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Letty M,

Thank you so much for choosing the Dan Panorama Jerusalem as your destination hotel. I am thrilled to read that we assisted making this a memorable trip. Thank you for your kind remarks with regard to Issam Habbash, and your appraisal of our staff. Feedback like yours inspires our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Your loyalty and patronage are highly valued and appreciated. We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back again when your travels next bring you to Jerusalem.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Two things made our time in Jerusalem an excellent experience - staying at the Dan Panorama hotel and having the guiding services of Michael Weiser. As other reviewers have commented, the location of the Dan Panorama is ideal because it is close enough to the old city that one can walk there easily. This facilitated our getting to know our way around the old city much better than if we couldn't get to it easily and, as a result, had less time to explore it. Other features that stand out about the hotel are the terrific buffet breakfasts and the helpful staff.

Also, Michael Weiser is a superb guide. He was working for Amiel Tours during our time in Israel and made sure we saw everything! He provided just the right amount of commentary. We enjoyed his personal insights on life in Israel. And he gave us an excellent overview of Jerusalem. Thank you, Michael!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear William G,

Thank you so much for your posting your review of your recent stay at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem here on TripAdvisor.
It is always so lovely to hear from contented guests and we will be sure to pass on your commendations to the whole team.
Looking forward to welcome you back next time,
with regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Dan Panorama from 13 March 2013 to 17 March 2013 and again from 19 March 2013 to 21 March 2013.
The hotel location is excellent, very central and within walking distance to the Old City through the Mamilla Mall. Food was very good. We had a little problem while checking i.e. A/C not working due to early in the season, hair dryer not functioning. But the Guest Relations Person, Ms Sima Dede took excellent care of us and fixed all the problems promptly. She also upgraded us on our return visit and greeted us personally with chocolates and complimentary mineral water!! We had a very pleasant stay both times and will not hesitate to stay there if we are ever in that part of the world!! The staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2nd floor and also on the 9th floor. Both were good rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Kumar763,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities.
It is only throuogh guest feedback that we are able to develop our service offerings, so we appreciate your comments.
We'd be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon,
with regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in march with our 13 year old and the room was very comfortable. Hotel is in a great location, walking distance to the old city and German colony.staff was very helpful with all our requests.

Room Tip: Family suite is perfect
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cornballs,

Thank you for choosing The Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your time with us and that our facilities and staff ensured your stay was comfortable.

We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.