“Mid-range,nice”

Ranked #22 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
NYC
“Mid-range,nice”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Clean, nice, good location, decent food, good breakfast. Discount on extra services if you are E-Dan member. Free WiFi in lobby. Staff could be a bit friendlier, but overall a good hotel in a good location with nicer rooms than other similarly priced hotels in Jerusalem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments here on Tripadvisor; it means the world to us that you enjoyed your stay.
We Endeavour to supply services and facilities that travelers would find a cut above the rest and we are delighted that you found the hotel to be such.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards,
The Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Livermore, California
Reviewed September 26, 2012

In general, the hotel was clean and nice but what turned us off was the way we were shoved off, when it came to dinner time. Our tour guide arranged for us to have dinner at 8 pm so when our group entered the dining room, we were turned away so rudely by HAMIS. We reported the incident to the other manager who was very apologetic for HAMIS' behavior. When HAMIS' attention was called, he even denied ever shooing us away. We were fully aware that the restaurant was extremely busy that day (Rosh Hashana) but there was certainly a nicer way to ask us to take our dinner at a later time. After this incident, some of the restaurant's personnel tried hard to make up for HAMIS' behavior. Special thanks to AMED, SAAD and KHALID.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,
Your response is highly appreciated.
The hotel takes all reviews very seriously and all your remarks are of great value to us to continue improve our services, we apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay in regarding to the dinning room service.
We would like to assure you that all proper measures are been taken
Best regards,
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had only one night to spend in Jeruselum and I arrived at the Dan Panorama a little early. I had begged them to please check me in early because it was my first time in Israel and only night in Jeruselum. The front desk was very cold towards me and would not even think to try and accommodate me, even though I had seen several people checking out as I was standing there. I had also scheduled the early check in, in advance, and offered to pay for it, but still, they refused to help me. They said check in is at 2PM. I waited and waited and finally it was 2PM and my room was not ready. At about 2:20PM they told me my room was ready. I walked into the room and there was dust all over the furniture, especially the bed frame. I then walked into the bathroom and noticed blood on the toilet seat. I was disgusted, I called the front desk and they sent a bell hop to show me a smoking room, I am not a smoker, then again he showed me another room, it reaked of smoke. Not until 3:00PM did we get into a decent room. The bellhop told me the hotel upgraded me, but the room did not look like an upgrade. They wasted half of my day in Jeruselum, something I will probably never get back. And no one from management came to apologize, they just didn't care. I have already expressed to my colleagues to not consider this hotel and hope to save someone else this frustration. Dan panorama, thank you for taking Hours away from my experience at the Holy Land.

• Stayed September 2012
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for writing a review on our property. I am most disappointed your stay started out as it did and that there were numerous inconsistencies that impacted what should have been a pleasant stay with us, including the wait and lack of orientation to your room, I would like to mention that due to very high occupancy we could not give you an early check in, we do indeed try give our guest an early check in when it is possible.
In regarding to the room condition, I must apologize for what you found when you checked in even though it does seem very strange for that to have happened in our hotel. All rooms whether vacant, occupied, clean or dirty are thoroughly inspected, not only by the room attendant cleaning the room, but also by a supervisor or manager, every day without fail.
We do appreciate your feedback however and hope you will reach out to me directly so I can address your concerns. I can be reached at panoramajlm@danhotels.com
II would very much like the opportunity to apologize personally to you at your convenience.
Guest Relation Manager.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at dan panorama jerusalem for two nights this last september. We arrived very early befor check in time and the room was not ready yet. The front desk clerk apologized and invited us to have a coffee at the lobby bar while housekeeping would make a special effort to have a room ready before time.
Indeed after only a few brief moments we were informed thet the room was ready.

The room we received on the fifth floor was outstanding in all aspects especially regarding the cleanliness and order of the room. We are very sensitive regarding this matter and the room was just spotless. More then that,although we did not request it in advance, we received fresh towels every evening.

We specially enjoyed the hotel's swimming pool area and its lovely view.
In addition we would like to commend the pool boy thet was very helpful at setting up a great place to sit rigth by the pool and was always attentive to all our needs.

We did not have dinner at the hotel but breakfast was delicious and varied.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Valued guest,
What wonderful feedback! I am delighted to hear about your stay with us. I very much appreciate your taking the time to write your kind and thoughtful review regarding our outstanding service, cleanliness and delicious breakfast, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon!
All the best,
NYC/Israel
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It has been 4 years since I last reviewed this hotel. (even though I have been there every year in the interim) This summer I was actually at the hotel twice--once alone and once with a friend.

The first time I arrived at the hotel I was able to have my early check in request honored. The second time I wasn't, as the hotel had been full and guests were still checking out. However, the hotel put the luggage into storage and my friend and I were able to go out for lunch. We then checked into the hotel at our convenience.

Two years ago the hotel had totally redone their lobby and dinning room. Modern and slick the lobby is very beautiful. New seating in the lobby provides areas to relax as well as areas that offer more privacy. The piano has been moved to the rear and the bar is more on the side. The dining room too has a very modern look. A permanent cooking station (omelet in the morning and meat when dinner is offered) has made the line for omelets move quickly. The buffet, instead of being in the center is in permanent stations all around the perimeter of the room. There are large areas for bread, cheese, veggies, coffee etc. This seems to facilitate people being more spread out and less on top of each other as they get food. For those who need the washing station is now inside the dining room, instead of being in the lobby.

The rooms themselves are still in varying degrees of needing a renovation. I have been told that room makeovers are going to begin shortly! One new thing in the hotel was the oversize bath towel. They are more like bath sheets than the typical bath towels offered in hotels.

There are two things that bring me back yearly to the Dan Panorama. The staff and the food. I have found the front desk staff to be overly helpful in getting information, answering questions and just knowing what is going on. They seem to bend over backwards to help you. I have also had reason to interact with Natalie--guest relations manager. This was over a problem that did arise. Problems DO arise in life. We are not in a perfect world and I am willing to accept them when dealt with in a proper fashion. Natalie insures that this occurs. The breakfasts in the dining room are not only huge but excellent quality. My waistline shows the effects after a one-week stay.

In summation, I find the Dan Panorama to be excellent value for the money. I think that any guest who is realistic in their expectations and understands what is and what isn't possible in a hotel will not regret going here. I do look forward to being able to report on new rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank rdglady
Dear Valued guest,
It is truly a pleasure to hear such kind words of our efforts, loyal guests to a hotel is the biggest compliment one can get, so we are truly thankful.
Your lovely words are incredibly helpful for other prospective guests and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again soon,
Best Regards,
Guest Relations.
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We arrived at this hotel for a night in Jerusalem on September 6th. I had requested an early check in when booking the hotel; however, to my surprise this was not accommodated and we were made to wait until 2:00pm to check in for our only evening in the city (which we of course had been looking forward to for months). This upsets me, especially since I am reading that other travelers were allowed to check in early.

When we were finally allowed in our room we just couldn’t believe what we found. The room was in desperate need of updating, but more disturbing was how filthy the room was (see attached pictures). There was dirt on the walls, blood on the toilet and dirt on the hair dryer.

Since we didn’t feel comfortable in this room, we asked for a different room. We were then taken to two smoking rooms before being allowed to stay in a non smoking room, which was just okay. We found hair and food particles in the bed, but it was otherwise suitable for one night so we unpacked and walked to the Old City.

I regret not splurging for one of the nicer hotels in the city for the night. The only positive is the breakfast, which is not as nice as I remembered from my last visit. Will definitely be choosing a different hotel next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank NJ_traveler_028
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear NJ_traveler_028,
Your response is highly appreciated; thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experiences.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service and housekeeping at all times, so we are always very sorry to hear when guests feel that we have fallen short.
Whilst it comes a little late to rectify for you, your comments with regards to the housekeeping have been taken on board for further and immediate attention; thank you for highlighting this to us, it is certainly not in keeping with the standards we strive to deliver.
Furthermore, while we will do everything we can to provide a room as early as possible for early arrivals, this cannot be guaranteed without bboking a room from the night prior.
Thank you once again for choosing the Dan Panorama hotel for your stay in Jerusalem; we sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back so that we can assure you we can do so much better.
With kind regards,
Nathalie Shalom
Guest Relations Manager
Woodmere, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's less expensive than higher priced hotels, and not really up to their caliber, but the location is very good. We arrived on a Fri morning and our room was ready. It was clean and comfortable. We went up to the roof, to the pool, and were disappointed as it was very small and there were no chairs. We finally got one (only one) chair, but there were no fresh towels. The pool person said they were coming, but they never did. This may have been because it was Friday, because we went another day and it wasn't crowded, and there were plenty of towels. The food was OK. We've been to other kosher hotels that were better. There was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't special, or great, just OK. Overall, I rated this hotel 4 because for thr money it was nice, and certainly better than the lower priced places. I guess it is exactly were it is supposed to be as far as ratings.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear guest,
We thank you for the kind words regarding the location of the hotel as it is a big plus being so close to banks, restaurants and so many more attractions.
The hotel takes all reviews very seriously and all your remarks regarding pool and food are of great value to us to continue improve our services, we apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay.
We would like to assure you that all proper measures are been taken.
Sincerely yours