Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, May 31
jagjitm2017
Reno, United States

Jerusalem

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 3, 2019via mobile
Had opportunity to stay on March 28th. Smooth check in, wonderful staff, great room service. Room was clean. After morning walk, breakfast set up needed to bring binoculars to see end of table. Great food prepared to personal liking, wish I was pregnant so I have excuse to eat that much :) would recommend without reservation.
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Responded Apr 4, 2019
Dear Guest,

for your stay.
Quality and comfort are very important to us, I will be sure to share your comment with the management.
$260
  • Waldorf Astoria
Restaurant
View more hotels in Jerusalem
2,193 results
All reviews old city dining room breakfast buffet tour group mamilla mall holy land elevator shabbat kosher
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2019

The good:
1. Staff was wonderful. Very helpful and provide good information
2. Loaction is very good, close to everything with 10-15 minutes walk
Not So Good:
1. Hotel is outdated. Room size, although on the small side, is not the "problem". Room is outdated and need a complete update, especially for the price of the room
2. Shower is small. If you are a large person, you may have problem with the shower
Be Careful
1. If you want breakfast, make sure you book a room with breakfast included because the buffet breakfast cost around $50 USD. It's way to expensive for what's offer on the breakfast buffet

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ronit E, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Dear Mr. Chang,
Thank you so much for investing time to write a review about your stay in our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
We thank you kindly for acknowledging our staff member for their efforts and reliability.
We are proud to provide the high level of service to our guests, and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is very important for us that you have the best experience and that with every stay we will only get better.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.
Ronit Elispur,

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

We had an average stay at The Leonardo Plaza.
Maybe it would have been excellent but upon arrival after a very busy and exhausting day of touring we were informed by the manager that they didn’t receive my email canceling the previous night as our flights had changed. So they actually charged us. No call to my cell no email. And no helping me out with that. I have 10 days notice via email confirmation. That is my problem to work out with my credit card. But the hotel is clean, large, the food is really good. Weird thing though. We went to the spa and it literally looked like a scene out of The Walking Dead TV show. We wanted to book a massage and everything was kind of thrown around like someone just ran out after an appointment. And it remained that way until we left 3 days later.
Just a strange little place.
But clean room, nice view, very clean bathroom. Three of my real concerns.
It is also within walking distance to the Western Wall and downtown shops and restaurants.
I’m spoiled by those boutique hotels now.
And I will say, even after a written request months before arrival, we still received nothing as far as decorations or any “extra” in our room for our 30th anniversary. A little disappointed but not a deal breaker.
It was just ok.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ronit E, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Dear Carole,

Reviewed March 21, 2019

Staying for 5 nights with a tour group. This is the fourth night. On day 2 reported that the bathtub in our room didn’t drain. Had to stand in ankle high water while showering. Still waiting for maintenance to fix it. Air conditioning does not work. Housekeeping makes the bed but doesn’t clean the bathroom or replace the towels or replace the dirty coffee cups with clean ones. Went to the desk when we returned from touring today to ask if someone could come and bring clean cups and towels and was told that someone would be up right away. Still waiting an hour later which has prompted me to write this review. Others in my tour group have had the same experience. And don’t come for the food. Buffets are mediocre at best and they run out of food.

1  Thank barnie1352
Ronit E, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Dear Barnie,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service to our guests, and make sure their stay here is comfortable and relaxing as possible. We sorry you were not totally satisfied with your service. We are committed to serving the needs of our guests and your comments offers valuable feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our service. We hope you enjoyed other aspects of our hotel .
Sincerely yours,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

I truly loved my stay at the Leonardo Plaza hotel. Everything was great: spacious, nicely decorated and comfortable rooms, an amazing breakfast, perfect location (15 min walk to Jaffa Gate, 15 min walk to the Machane Yehuda market). I was also impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the hotel personnel. Everybody was doing their best to provide the best service. I needed to replace the light bulb on the balcony and I just made a call to the front desk and they send a person right away. They also accommodated my request to get a room with the balcony, and I want to personally thank Saleh for this! So, to summarize: loved the hotel and looking forward to come back!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Ronit E, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Dear Anya,

Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a long weekend in a deluxe new city view room. Unfortunately I was not afforded a single good night’s sleep. Between the wind howling and whistling due to the old windows, the arguments and loud music from across the hall at 4am and the sound of scraping of furniture in the room above, I didn’t manage to get a good sleep any night. This may all have been unfortunate circumstances and based on the positive reviews seen, I’m hoping that’s the case. Nevertheless, the rating I have given reflects my experiences. Word of advice, do not get a room on the 14th floor as it absolutely reeks of cigarette smoke in certain places as there is an apartment on that floor where the owner is supposedly allowed to smoke. I’ve never experienced this in any hotel I’ve stayed in.

The quality of the staff at the front desk is a bit hit and miss. I had an issue with their iron and it stained my shirt. They managed to get the stain out and they offered a small discount on our Shabbat meals for the inconvenience, but it was yet another issue. Then of course our safe broke and so I had to keep all our valuables with us at all times.

The one redeeming factor is the food. It’s not the best food, but there is plenty of choice and the waiters are generally happy to help. They don’t serve oatmeal porridge at breakfast, but I asked for it and they obliged. It wasn’t very nice, but I appreciated the gesture.

There were too many compromises I had to make staying there (also worth mentioning the hotel shul is small and so when busy will often have to stand) and I think it’s definitely worth paying a bit more and staying at the David Citadel.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank DPTraveller21
Ronit E, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Dear guest,