“Great hotel in Jerusalem”

Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for five nights on our recent trip to Israel. This was our second stay at this hotel in three years.
The location is ideal. We parked our rented car in the somewhat awkward (by Canadian standards) parking garage.
Room is beautifully appointed. Very comfortable bed, plenty of drawer space. View overlooking the old and new parts of Jerusalem. Quiet.
Ice isn't available on every floor, we were fortunate that I only had to walk up one flight to get some.
The elevator system is neat: you key in the floor to which you wish to go, and a screen tells you which elevator will take you there. Once inside the elevator, you can't make any selections.
The food is plentiful and delicious.
We had Friday night Shabbat dinner here with family. Expensive, but terrific.
Nice bathroom, but here like in other hotels in Israel, the shower doesn't really have a full enclosure. The front desk people were helpful. We did take taxis frequently, and the concierge at the front door was helpful in that respect.
Internet isn't free.
This hotel is close to much of what one wants to go to in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: If using ice is an issue, ask for a room not too far from an ice-machine. The elevators provide ver...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel personnel made us feel very special the entire time we were at this hotels thru our vacation in Israel, the country is enchanting, amazing, we had the opportunity to make our dreams come true by following Jesus Christ Steps, the spiritual gain is heavenly, cannot describe the feelings. We are most greateful.

Room Tip: Facing Old Jerusalem, the higher floor, the better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have just returned from leading a pilgrimage to Israel and wish to commend the Leonardo for providing us with a fantastic base. The food, bedrooms, bars and staff were excellent. The hotel is within a ten minute walking distance of the Old City. This is ideal for those who wish to go for a walk at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I travel often on business and have stayed in a number of hotels that are part of the big international chains and feel that the Leonardo chain in Israel can match any of them. I stayed in one of the hotel’s executive rooms which were comfortable and allowed me to work in a comfortable environment. The business lounge was the perfect venue for my meetings and I found the staff in general very friendly.
I received excellent value for my money and recommend the Leonardo Jerusalem Plaza to anyone traveling to Israel.

Room Tip: room clab, old city
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Obviously, the hotel and hotel´s surrounding should be required some maintenance, but service, room and staff were quite good. We arrived after night flight, early morning, and our rooms were ready for us (of course, was necessary to pay this night ….) and also checking out during night was also without any problems. Hotel was quit full, my opinion is, that this hotel is good relation between price and performance in Jerusalem. Location of the hotel is very good, 15 minutes’ relaxing walk to the old city. Breakfast was nice, good choices of chees, fishes etc. It´s hard to find ham and bacon for breakfast in this country, of course. I was satisfied in this hotel.

Room Tip: I had luxury room, the Old City view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I once again was able to visit Jerusalem and of course stayed at the Leonardo Jerusalem Plaza. It's excellent location and friendly staff makes me feel right at home. Michael the bellboy remembered me from my previous stay and gave me a warm welcome. Sufian at the front desk checked me in and it was nice to recognize him from my last visit when he was most helpful in arranging for a guide to take me on a tour to the Dead Sea. My room on the 19th floor had undergone a renovation since my last visit the view of the Old City was breathtaking.
The breakfast buffet was as good as I remembered and I enjoyed an excellent dinner at the Primavera.
I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask to be on one of the high floors with a view of the Old City
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The staff of the hotel, was extremely helpful. Our experience started with the manager of the hotel, Gaby Hasin. We had an issue with the Herods in Tel-Aviv, owned by the same Leonardo ownership. Herod's management felt bad about the issue and wanted to make it up to us when we arrived at the Jerusalem Leonardo. The Tel Aviv manager gave the Leonardo management a heads up. Gaby Hasin, the evening manager at the Leonardo Plaza, greeted us warmly at the Leonardo Plaza immediately upon our arrival at the front desk. He helped make our stay in Jerusalem magical all around! As for the hotel, the rooms our sons (ages 15, 19 and 21) and we had were both recently and beautifully renovated and spacious. The lobby and dining room are both very well appointed and the breakfast was first rate, by far the best we had on our entire trip. We had an excellent recommendation for a middle eastern restaurant (Nafoura) near the Jaffa gate in the old city. There is a clean and user friendly parking garage right on the premises (not the case at the Herods in Tel Aviv). The hotel enjoys a great location (which is the most important factor for us). It is a short walk through a new and well done pedestrian mall to the jaffa gate at the Old CIty. Mr. Hasin, wished us well when we checked out and we told him that we will return to the Leonardo Plaza when we return to Jerusalem for our nephew's Bar Mitzvah in a couple of years. Out of the four 4 star hotels we stayed at during our trip to Isreal, this hotel was by far the best in terms of physical plant (including a large and great looking pool we never had time to enjoy), food, service and location.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family