“Great to return "Home"”

Ranked #25 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Bronx, New York
“Great to return "Home"”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I once again was able to visit Jerusalem and of course stayed at the Leonardo Jerusalem Plaza. It's excellent location and friendly staff makes me feel right at home. Michael the bellboy remembered me from my previous stay and gave me a warm welcome. Sufian at the front desk checked me in and it was nice to recognize him from my last visit when he was most helpful in arranging for a guide to take me on a tour to the Dead Sea. My room on the 19th floor had undergone a renovation since my last visit the view of the Old City was breathtaking.
The breakfast buffet was as good as I remembered and I enjoyed an excellent dinner at the Primavera.
I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask to be on one of the high floors with a view of the Old City
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Granite Springs, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The staff of the hotel, was extremely helpful. Our experience started with the manager of the hotel, Gaby Hasin. We had an issue with the Herods in Tel-Aviv, owned by the same Leonardo ownership. Herod's management felt bad about the issue and wanted to make it up to us when we arrived at the Jerusalem Leonardo. The Tel Aviv manager gave the Leonardo management a heads up. Gaby Hasin, the evening manager at the Leonardo Plaza, greeted us warmly at the Leonardo Plaza immediately upon our arrival at the front desk. He helped make our stay in Jerusalem magical all around! As for the hotel, the rooms our sons (ages 15, 19 and 21) and we had were both recently and beautifully renovated and spacious. The lobby and dining room are both very well appointed and the breakfast was first rate, by far the best we had on our entire trip. We had an excellent recommendation for a middle eastern restaurant (Nafoura) near the Jaffa gate in the old city. There is a clean and user friendly parking garage right on the premises (not the case at the Herods in Tel Aviv). The hotel enjoys a great location (which is the most important factor for us). It is a short walk through a new and well done pedestrian mall to the jaffa gate at the Old CIty. Mr. Hasin, wished us well when we checked out and we told him that we will return to the Leonardo Plaza when we return to Jerusalem for our nephew's Bar Mitzvah in a couple of years. Out of the four 4 star hotels we stayed at during our trip to Isreal, this hotel was by far the best in terms of physical plant (including a large and great looking pool we never had time to enjoy), food, service and location.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Just had a 3 day stay at this property and was pleased by the experience I had. Check in was easy. My room was newly renovated and very comfortable. I was lucky to have soaps and shampoo from a different hotel in my bag because the ones provided didn't look too appealing. The location was amazing, it is less than 10 minute by foot to Jaffa Gate. The highlight of the hotel was the breakfast. Just love the variety. In all this wasn't the most luxurious hotel I have stayed in but at $209 a night compared with $550 at the neighboring hotels I was will to compromise

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ashdod, Israel
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I staied in this hotel few times and it was realy a pleasure. the food is extra ordinary even in Israely standarts. it is very closse to the old city i want ther by feet with my children (age 3 years old) it is allso closse to the new mall "mamilla". the rooms are big and newely decorated.
and above all i must say that i had recived the best service that a man can ask for a spicialy from the manager mr. gaby hasin. the only thing that i can say that is a problam is with the elivators it takes lots of time antill they arive and allso thers not enoth parking places if the hotel is full.
golan elbaz

Room Tip: rooms in the west side have a view to the park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My trip to Israel was a wonderful experiences of all of my travels. My stay at this hotel was also a wonderful and outstanding experience..
Everything and everyone at the hotel were polite,helpful,and so very kind. I give them all EXCELLENT RATING .
The accommodations-EXCELLENT (and so very clean- which is very important to me).
The food-EXCELLENT (and so very very very delicious),
The service of all-EXCELLENT (always received quick and outstanding service).
The amenities-EXCELLENT (every thing one needed was at this hotel)
All of the Hotel Management Team- EXCELLENT (They all did an outstanding job to make my stay at this hotel to be so VERY GREAT.) I do plan to visit Israel again soon.I also look forward to staying again at this EXCELLENT HOTEL, --- LEONARDO PLAZA JERUSALEM.
SA of Florida

Room Tip: All seem to be fine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 30, 2013

we took an executive room which was no better than the regular rooms at an inflated price . room was not serviced on 1/3 days other than a towel change. the executive lounge felt like you were in a fish tank in the lobby and was poorly stocked . it was difficult to get a warm beverage in the lounge . service at front desk was rude and staff were not aware of what perks were offered if one took an executive room. other than for the position , it is not special and over priced

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alan w
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stay away from any dealings with this hotel chain. my room was double booked through
" hotel.info ' and the cancellation was sent through in under 24 hours and yet they put double payment through on my VISA
when I complained they increase my room rate from $160.00 per night to $320.00 to justify the amount they took from my VISA. Have sent numerous e-mail, spent more money on long distances calls to Israel and not one person with this company made any attempts to rectify or compensate. Didn't even offer breakfast for this high room rate. Had a much more pleasant stay at the Grand Court Hotel - which did include breakfast and were wonderful to deal with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo