“fair”

Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Public amenities good, service excellent , in particular Elliot at the desk. Room ng. Had gnats - needed exterminator twice. bathroom floor tiles cracked - support bar in bath tub coming away from wall - duh mold around bath tub. food really good

4  Thank alan i S

Reviewed April 21, 2013

You would definitely feel at home away from home when you are in Jerusalem and decide to stay at Leonardo Plaza Hotel. My stay there was fantastic and I have lots of fond memories. Clean rooms, clean beds, delicious food and excellent customer service is what you would be treated with. It is a beautiful experience you would not want to miss. Note to take the right elevators to the top on Fridays and Saturdays if you not a Jew or observing the Sabbath. Be ready to also eat cold food for breakfast on the Sabbath day (Saturday) when you are in Jerusalem.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in April 2013. The hotel itself is nice, decently clean, and guest services were very good, at least with two individuals who worked at the front desk (one guy at the front desk gave us a late check-out at no extra cost and access to the business area w/ unlimited internet for free for one day, and another gave us tips as to where to find cheap internet access outside of the hotel). Location is good - about a 10 minute walk from the old city, next to a park, and close to many restaurants/shopping. The included breakfast is very good, with a full buffet of hot and cold options. However, I'm giving the hotel 3 stars because our room had a major gnat infestation - there were dozens of them in our room and at least 2 other rooms from our tour group also had gnats in their rooms. My other complaint is that they nickel and dime you for every amenity, especially internet use; you can pay 10 NIS for 20 minutes of internet use on the lobby level, or pay 50 NIS per day for unlimited internet use in the business area in the lobby (with free food and drink). WiFi in your room is also an additional cost. In this day and age, WiFi should be free at hotels, especially when the nightly rate is as high as this one is.

4  Thank buttercupjd
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The lobby is average to not clean, and there is an executive lounge of sorts to the side of the lobby and locked. So you see this place with computers and food but can't go in. And when people sit there, they are closed off in their own separate section, making the rest of us feel like we are in coach.

But that's not my problem. I sat in the lobby with my little daughter and out the stroller to the side of the table. My toddler daughter ran off and I followed her around the hotel, and when we came back the stroller was gone. They decided it was in people's way and moved it aside, and the man who did it lectured me for a while about his reasoning for moving the stroller and how it blocked the way.

Now, there were hardly any people in the lobby/cafe. And it was still easy to get out. But I didn't make a peep about them moving my stroller! I saw it and went back to sit down, and was a bit confused that they moved it, but am pretty easy going. The man approached me (!) to ask me if it was mine and gave me a lecture about leaving it, blocking imaginary guests, etc. I didn't even reply, because I am a wuss, and just said okay. But he wouldn't stop. Finally I started saying: "okay, okay, I get it, okay." It was pretty strange to get that kind of a lecture. And I cannot emphasize enough how unlikely it is that my stroller was in anyone's way. I wedged it into a sitting area.

There were also a ton of bugs in the pool. The life guard was nice, but the kids play area is in a pretty scary location in a bomb shelter and was closed when I was there. You have to walk down the stairs of the bomb shelter to get there and my kid was scared of the staircase, because it was kind of scary.

These were the highlights. Otherwise it's okay.

4  Thank Belly123
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm currently writing this using the 30 minutes for 18 NIS ($5) option that the hotel provides. My girlfriend and I have been traveling for 7 weeks through Southeast Asia and the Middle East, and this is the first of tens of hostels and hotels we've stayed at that does not have free wifi. And to add injury to insult, the one hour option is ridiculously expensive ($25), and only allows access to one device.

The room is all right. Hospitality has been lacking. But with the price tag on the room, we're incensed at being nickle-and-dimed (unfortunately just an idiom given the $25 price tag) on what is becoming a standard offering even at cheap hostels - complimentary Internet access.

The rating isn't unfounded outside of wifi: the shower doesn't work properly and it's door design isn't functional, the toilet is finicky, the whole floor's room access was denied yesterday, and our room's layout is illogical, with the TV hanging in a corner that faces nothing. But it's the unnecessary tax on reaching our friends and families that pushes us over the edge.

A cheap hotel at a steep price.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Ncxkomo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our family was staying in Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem hotel during Passover. We had a lot of pleasure, the food was delicious, varied and extraordinary and the room service was perfect.
We are thankful to the workers team, especially to Orna and Yusuf.

We will be happy to stay once again in Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem hotel.

Rabbi Sender and his family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were really happy with the hotel. The rooms - we had two were both really good, plenty of room and drawer space. Our first room was on the 18 floor. There is an odd smell in the room - like they put vanilla sticks or a spray before you go in but not totally unpleasant. Room completely clean as was bathroom. The thing I did notice about my room was that there were glass shelves that were not dusted and that a plate and a couple of glasses were left in our room for a couple of days. Unfortunately, the weather was not so kind to us and the wind made the most terrible sound - not that it was coming into the room just, I don't think very well double glazed. After 2 nights of not sleeping I went to ask if we could move to the other side of the hotel - no problem. we moved to our second room which was similar but I think possibly refurbished. It had a kettle in it which makes a big difference to me. There were not as many drawers - I think there should be more but adequate for us. Breakfast was plentiful, more like a brunch so actually too many things you wouldn't eat from a european perspective - not the hotels problem as it looked magnificent - waffles cold. Waiters at breakfast who only bring you drinks do not seem so on the ball for this kind of hotel. They obviously had a special guest for breakfast on a couple of days and were making a big fuss of one table. If you needed anything you had to grab a waiters attention which was odd as there were a lot of them not seeming to be doing very much BUT apart from that small moan (you always have to moan) I would recommend and stay at this hotel again. Staff were helpful, friendly the welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple