“Great Hotel”

Ranked #24 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Niteroi, RJ
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Good location, close to the Old City (10m walking) and Ben Yehuda st (lots of cafes, agencies, restaurants, souvenir stores, ATMs. Breakfast is expensive, but worth a lot! The room is nice, modern, clean. Wifi is VERY expensive!

Room Tip: Choose those with a view to the old city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked this hotel through hotel.info. They sent the booking through twice. the Leonardo Plaze Jersualem, put the amount of $2475.00 through my VISA TWICE and are now refusing to refund my money. I am being passed back and forth between the booking company - (who says the hotel has to refund me ) and the hotel - who refuses to refund in though it is not my mistake.
Good luck to anyone in this sitution

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Shermar18
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem.
We were sorry to hear that you have encountered double charges on your card, we will be more than happy to look into it for you.
Please contact us directly at the hotel +972-26298666.
We will be delighted to welcome you again to our hotel.

Orna Toeg
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a very nice hotel -
Great location
Nice, clean rooms
Good breakfasts

But the service from the management is very poor by American standards.

My wife had several very unpleasant exchanges with the front desk personnel. One of them was very rude to her. On another occasion, she had a dispute about being charged for something that she was entitled to and the staff was very inflexible and hostile.

I required an additional room and was charged a rate significantly higher than I had obtained through my travel agent for the 1st room. The manager was very inflexible and not interested in helping out an existing customer, suggesting I go online to book if I was not happy. This was not feasible as I did not have a computer with me. I feel this would not have happened in a hotel chain that is even remotely interested in maintaining pleasant customer relations and getting repeat business. The manager could not care less. It is all fine and well to have glossy corporate magazines proclaiming an interest in the guests comfort; in practice however, they simply do not carry through, which is especially galling for a hotel that charges the rates they do. I was very disappointed.

The social media relations manager of the hotel will probably write an apologetic reply to my review, as they do with most reviews. What does this change? Instead of apologizing after the fact, why not treat the guests with courtesy and respect in the first place?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank PJM1957155032
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing at the Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem.
We are constantly trying to achieve a high level of services and facilities, and ensure that we exceed our guests' expectations. I was sorry to hear that on this occasion, we did not manage to achieve it.
All the managers concerned, have been notified with your feedback, and I am sure that on your next visit to us you will experience a different attitude.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss it further.
On the other hand, I was happy to hear that you have found the hotel nice and clean, that the location was good for you and that the breakfast met your expectations.
We will be happy if you will give us the opportunity to host you again soon.
Orna Toeg
St Louis
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff is friendly and accommodating. The food in the hotel restaurant was very delicious and plentiful. You are a 5 minute walk to the Garden Tomb and 10 minutes to Damascus Gate into the Old City and the markets. Very comfortable beds and spacious rooms. Only draw back is no free Wi-Fi in rooms or lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for. Room NOT over the busy street side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I recently spent two weeks there, renting multiple rooms for my family. Last stayed a year ago. Rooms, especially on lower floors, are spacious, nicely remodeled. Food is excellent. Service has deteriorated dramatically. With a few wonderful exceptions, staff was curt at best, often rude. Getting things done was often challenging. However, loved the location.

Doubt that i will stay there again.

Room Tip: fifth floor rooms seems nicest
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I spent 7 days at the Leonardo Plaza Hotel in Jerusalem. Since our plane returning home left Israel at midnight I paid a day rate for an extra day. After eating dinner at the hotel I went to the front desk to check out. On checkout I told the desk clerk I needed to access the room to collect our belongings. No problem, he said.

While I was checking out my wife went up to get our belongings and the room key didn't work. The desk clerk fixed the problem by reprogramming our room keys. When we entered the room we found luggage from someone else there.

We paid a day rate and we expected the hotel to honor our privacy. We didn't expect them to begin to use the room for someone else before we left. We found the attitude and actions of the hotel personnel to be far short of what we expected.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YitzhakPosner
Ashdod, Israel
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed for a weekend and we enjoyed it very much
Service level of the staff, cleanliness, food quality and comfort rooms were above expectations.
I'd love to stay at this hotel again and recommend it to my friends many.
Special thanks to Mrs. Orna Toeg Guest Relations Manager, handling all our requests.
Rami's