“Close to everything”

Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stay at the Leonardo Plaza almost every time we're in Jerusalem, which is quite often, and enjoy it every time. The food is top quality, service is great and the rooms are very nice. The best thing about this hotel, though, is its proximity to almost everything. Within walking distance of not only the Old City but also one of the best shopping areas in the city-Ben Yehuda Street. This is THE place to go in the evenings. There's lots to see and plenty of shopping-and the Israeli's are a lot of fun as well. You'll find a large gatherings of young people around the myriad of street performers and cafes. You can't go wrong if you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed four nights in July. The room was comfortable and well-appointed. Breakfast were generous and delicious. The hotel location is excellent. My only complaint would be quite high Internet charges. Except for those charges, I would say that this hotel has, if anything, mildly improved since it was under Sheraton management. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at the Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem over several days in July 2011, and thoroughly enjoyed it! The position is great, and centrally located and so close to everything. The rooms were spacious and clean, and well appointed, the beds very comfortable. There was a choice of dining rooms and restaurants in the complex to meet our needs. We found the staff extremely friendly and courteous at all levels, and especially helpful when we had to check-in very early, and check-out very late, as our stay was divided by an overseas trip. They kindly kept our luggage in safe storage over the week we were away overseas. In particular, we greatly appreciate the wonderful attention by the hotel manager Mr. Gabi Hassin, who graciously provided assistance to our needs. Thanks for a wonderful stay and we will definitely be back!!
Sara and Allan Garfield, Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I have been separated for six months, we decided to try one last time. We heard from friends about the service and the location of Leonardo Plaza in Jerusalem and decided to try. From the start the reception we realized we were right. The room was spacious and comfortable, great dining and luxurious pool. The hotel staff was efficient and smiling and when we left, we knew we did the right thing. Wish us luck! Thanks Leonardo Plaza, we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I visited this hotel the first time a few years ago it was the Sheraton Jerusalem. It was a single hotel in Jerusalem have worked there named Rabbi. Rabbi Yossi My wife and I would come once a year because of the kosher food and we have very good memory. Sheraton gone global since coming Leonardo we visited three times but only by the location. It's opposite the Great Synagogue and the city center in Independence Park. But I think the urgent need to refresh the hotel and rooms. As it now is not 5 stars. I think three plus. But if you want a good location then go to

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Cirrus22
FattalM, Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

We thank you for finding time to write your impressions and that you choose to stay with Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem again and again..
We are pleased to inform you that these days we began the process of renovation, with the intention to provide our guests a better product.

We look forward to see you again among our guests,

Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem Hotel Management

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed here many years ago when it was still the Sheraton. It was a welcoming sight when I recognized some of the staff. Sufian at the front desk was as helpful and charming as I remembered him.
I had a very comfortable room. Although the furniture was not new, the room was clean and well-maintained. There is an automatic charge mini-bar as well as a small fridge.
The bathroom has been recently renovated and was spotlessly clean.
I had a problem with the TV. I rang the operator Angela. The gentleman from maintenance was there in a few minutes. A few minutes after he left Angela rang to make sure the problem had been rectified. A short time later the problem recurred. I spoke to Angela again.
This time the maintenance appeared with the night manager Gaby. They stayed a while to ensure the problem was fixed.
I have stayed at many higher rated hotels than this and have rarely seen such excellent customer service.
I thought about staying at the Mamilla or the David Citadel but thought the rates were ridiculous.
The Leonardo Plaza is a reasonably priced alternative with outstanding customer service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank pointyendpreferred
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayd in the leonardo plaza jerusalem. the rooms are very clean and nice. the location is very good.
I think this is the best hotel in jerusalem i stayed ever and i will come back soon !

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends