“Excellent Hotel, very expensive, but worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The King David

The King David
Ranked #8 of 97 Hotels in Jerusalem
Washington, DC
“Excellent Hotel, very expensive, but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

The King David Hotel is in a perfect location for touring the Holy City. It's location is safe, secure, with excellent rooms (clean and perfect) and you may even request room with views of the Old City. It is a short walk to nightlife, if you choose, and a very short taxi ride to the Old City (for older folks or folks who do not want to walk a bit.) The breakfast service in the Main Dining Room is excellent, and the Hotel Bar is a great place to relax and discuss the day's sightseeing. I would recommend it for business travellers - but, be warned, this is one of the finest hotels in the world, and you will pay a premium to lodge here. The best hotel in the city, hands down, but worth the expense.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Hermanus, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2010

Spent one week in Jerusalem, first timer. Wanted to be as close as possible to the old city and if you book the right room, you will have a fantastic view onto history.

The hotel itself is spectacular. Very friendly and professional staff, clean and spacy rooms, fantastic breakfast buffet even on a shabat. I was first a bit afraid checking in there with my son but the hotel is very child friendly. Nice pool, also small pool for kids. Gosh just writing this review makes me wanting to go back there.

And I will soon. Truly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at The King David, responded to this review, February 14, 2010
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the King David's Staff and Management, I would like to express deep appreciation for your rewarding and heart warming review.

As a "first timer", your opinion is particularly precious to us, since close to half of our clientele are returning guests - many of them maintain loyalty to our historic hotel through 4 generations.

We are proud to invite you to join our exclusive club.

"Next year in Jerusalem", as suggests the traditional Jewish toast, and Kind Regards from the Eternal City and its Leading hotel,

Maya Morav
Guest Relations Manager
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

We found that staying at the King David was both enjoyable and historic. The service was extraordinary; it was efficient and polite. The service was very attentive whether from housekeeping or the dining staff or the concierge. We even had excellent attention from the person in charge of the rooms. The hotel also made arrangements for my husband and grandson to swim at a nearby hotel. We felt so at home which is unusual when staying at such a large hotel that was filled up during the holiday season.
For my grandson it was particularly meaningful to stay at a hotel featured in the movie Exodus. He also loved going over all of the names of visitors "listed" on the floor in the lobby.
We stayed at the King David for six nights and the hotel made provisions for us to remain late our last day as our flight did not leave until late that evening. As stated above, it was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

Everything and everyone was great. Nice rooms great staff wouldn't change anything.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
sao paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2009

I was in king david hotel this year on july. My daugthers and me likes very much this hotel. It was a great experience. I hope to come back next year.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

I stayed at the King David for the first five nights of a sixteen night visit to Israel (13 nights on a tour). None of the other hotels we stayed at on the trip matched the quality of the King David (the closest was the Hilton Tel Aviv which I will review elsewhere).

Having traveled to Europe before for both business and pleasure, but having never otherwise traveled outside of North America and Hawaii, I was expecting a much smaller room. The room was very up-to-date, with a small flat-screen TV, ample closet space, in-room safe that was large enough to hold my laptop and a nice balcony from which I could see a bit of the Old City. The room was very clean -- though it was not as well cleaned by housekeeping on Shabbat and (as I expected) the Shabbat breakfast was much more meager and the service less attentive to detail though still quite good.

I am a bit tech-obsessed when I travel and, therefore, I tend to focus on how well a hotel serves that. I was very pleased that this hotel catered to the needs of a traveler that brings along electronic gadgets that need to be recharged: camcorder, still camera, iPhone and laptop. The desk had very accessible electrical outlets (without having to unplug things or move the furniture) including one North American-style electrical outlet and two European-style 220V outlets. I was disappointed that despite the fact that the hotel was a Boingo roaming partner, I couldn't get Boingo to work (though Boingo claims that they are aware of the problem in Israel and are working on it -- still working on it more than a month after I called to complain....). I was able to find other internet options in Jerusalem -- including free hotspots.

I can't speak to the value of the hotel, as it was part of the package price for the tour. Based on the posted rack rates, I'm sure it was more than I would have spent had I booked it on my own -- but the hotel was certainly well worth the stay!

The hotel is also well-located for an easy walk to the Jaffa Gate of the Old City.

• Stayed October 2009
Madison WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

This was our second time staying at the King David in Jerusalem. Service was impeccable and friendly, room grand with a great view of the old city. Israeli buffet breakfasts are legendary, the King Davids was even better and table service (which is often lax at buffets) was quick and professional.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business