Maybe it was the high expectations I set for this place after reading everyone else's reviews, or the fact that it is rated the best hotel in Israel. But really, this was not that impressive. The food was nothing but average, the service was just ok, the bathrooms are in some serious need of updating (and thank goodness I am a fit girl, I don't know how the heavy set folks shower in that coffin-size shower). The pool did not have a range of depth (but that seemed to be common in Israel - where all pools start at 4 feet deep - not really made for relaxation I guess). It was filled with children and obnoxious guests, many of them Orthodox (nothing against them other than the fact that they were very rude). Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad hotel by any means. But is it worth the rate? Nope.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King David Jerusalem Hotel is the Israel's most famous hotel stands majestic, overlooking the Old City of Jerusalem. This landmark hotel is steeped in history and is the preferred choice of world leaders and celebrities alike. This regal and outstanding member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is superbly located within walking distance from both the major historic sites of the Old City, and modern Jerusalem's lively center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your The King David reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King David Hotel Jerusalem
- King David Jerusalem
- King David Hotel Jerusalem