The King David
Hotels.com
$563
$435
  • Breakfast included
Golden Walls Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$225
$208
Agripas Boutique Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$167
$138
Mamilla Hotel(Jerusalem)
$590
$549
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
$402
$290
  • Breakfast included
A Little House in Bakah(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$174
$162
1,570 results
All reviewsla regenceworld leadershistoric hotelold citykind davidpool area isbreakfast buffetdairy restaurantroom facingguest relationsdining roomdan hotelsan upgradeup to dateshabbat dinnerfive star hotelwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The King David has a long heritage, and is in the true sense a Grand Hotel, steeped in history with original elements in the lobby - one that has played host to the world's leaders over the past 70+ years. Renovated floors have beautifully appointed rooms. Check on the size as some are a little more spacious. Great pool area; the best breakfast, and well trained staff.

Room Tip: check the size of the rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

You know your in the holiest city in the world when your paying through the nose for the least of services. This is not the Ritz or Hilton Prestige property. The food is good and the rooms are clean. You are also guaranteed a quiet environment without the insane ambience some hotels deliver (having just flown in from China.) Very overpriced for what is provided and they do nickle and dime you shamelessly for everything. Fine stay otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Chris S
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at The King David, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your comments; it is through guests comments that enable us to monitor our service delivery.

It is a sincere delight that you enjoyed the facilities and décor of the most prestigious hotel in Jerusalem
We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation with us, perhaps during the high holiday season? During peak times of year the rates for all central Jerusalem hotels are slightly higher than at other times; we do hope you experienced the value for money that one is expecting when booking a hotel as prestigious as the King David Hotel. To ensure all guests feel well taken care of, we offer a wide variety of services with no extra charge, like the complimentary mini-bar and generous, bountiful breakfast buffet.
We would be delighted to welcome you back for a return visit and should you like to be in touch with me prior to your next arrival, I can assure you I will make sure you have a vacation to remember. I can be contacted on Maya.Morav@danhotels.com
Kind Regards,
Maya Morav Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was recently at the King David for a party. I arrived from a trip out of Jerusalem and thus had a small bag with me. I asked the bellman if the hotel could store it and he refused. I asked the concierge if he could store it. He said the hotel doesn't offer storage. So I asked him where the guests check bags. He said they have an area but its not watched or secured and anyone could walk in and take it. He told me the bags are not ensured either. I told him I would take a chance. He refused. So I put my bag in the corner of the ball room, but was told later it needs to be moved. I asked the receptionist if there is baggage storage available and he again pointed me to a corner of the lobby where bags can be dumped. I was shocked that a supposedly 5 star property did not offer baggage storage even for guests.
Fast forward to the dining room. The food was excellent but service was slow. My fork and knife were cleared for some reason and I asked a waiter for new ones. He said he would get them. 10 mon later they hadn't come. I flag the maitre d. He gets them immediately. Same thing happebed when I ordered diet coke. They also did not have regular sprite for some reason.
Also it should be noted that dessert is very subpar. This was my 3rd meal in less than a year at the King david and I experienced desserts that were mediocre at best all 3 times.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank pabloB22
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My first time in Jerusalem and it was important I stayed close to all the important sites and didn't have to worry about travel. The hotel is literally 15-20 mins walk away from the Old City, which is where all the important sites are. Service is excellent. Rooms are fine. Breakfast has an excellent spread, with the best fruit I've ever had. If you want something and can't see it, just ask. The staff will do all they can to get it for you. We managed to source ginger, cinnamon, garlic, and lemons from them. Staff are friendly, but need to be told clearly what you want and what you don't want. The concierge made some excellent recommendations for restaurants to visit, each one being a brilliant experience - follow the concierge not the receptionist. It is expensive but if you can afford it, thoroughly recommend it. While we were there, the Bulgarian and German prime ministers were having a conference. We also saw other celebrities, which shows they consider it good enough.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the old city. And twin rooms on the 5th floor seemed to be larger than twin rooms on the 2nd floor for some reason
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PeaceLover x
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The rooms of this hotel are unbeatable. Our own was very spacious with a veranda overlooking both the handsome swimming pool area and the wall of the old city. Unfortunately, Staff tended to be either obsequious or incompetent. Our problems getting correct drinks in the bar area were worth a giggle. Not only did many of the waiters not know what are drinks were (exotic like gin and tonic), but they were annoyed by some requests like a bloody Mary with extra tomato juice. Sometimes three or four people took the same drink order. In the dining room, waiters tripped over themselves telling you how happy it made them to make you happy. The concierge wanted to know why we wanted to visit Tel Aviv (when we asked for instructions) when there was so much to see in Jerusalem. A fine place to say, but organize your life so that you have minimal staff involvement.

Room Tip: I think the higher floors don't have those nice verandas.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family