Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rabbi Raymond A
Jerusalem, Israel

Central but nothing special

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 19, 2019
We stayed at this hotel for a weekend - mostly because oif the convenient location - and found the place rather ordinary. Sabbath meals attracted many people because of the hotel's strict compliance with the Jewish food laws but the food, whilst plentiful, was only average quality and the noise in the dining room was overwhelming.
$333
    $80
0.9 miles from Jerusalem Gate Hotel
Spa
View more hotels in Jerusalem
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2019

staff at front desk is NOT nice and friendly to the customers, room was neat and clean, heat in room was working ok, not much towels in toilet, breakfast was good with nice selection but less than in the past. construction going on in front of bldg.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank jsrh20
Reviewed January 18, 2019

This Hotel was offered by our trip planner as a cheap overnight accommodation till we left for our next stop.
I traveled with Wife and a few kids. The rooms were spacious, and really simple. Cleanliness was fair.
I did give them 3 stars because they do go out of their way to accommodate your specific needs. They offer a nice Shul with Torah. They even have a nice in house Mikvah...

The breakfast was 5 star! multiple options. free style. Added a great start to the day.

The Hotel is right next to the Central Bus Station. and the new light rail.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph_Travel-Pro
Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

Filthy, noisy, lacking basic things, like toiletries. Climate control did not work in some rooms.
Staff seems to be mostly arabs.
Rooms are not clean, bathroom smells like mold, and was not clean. Lobby is filthy, with crumbs and shells on the floor, table tops that are never wiped. The food was meh at best, and sometimes bad. They served rotten avocados. The kind a normal person would throw away if they cut it open.
Do. Not. Stay. Here.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

The staff was kind but incapable of delivering on the following promises without repeated reminders over the course of each day I stayed 1) Clean my room please 2) give me towels when you clean my room please 3) is the one box of tissues supposed to last me my entire stay or can I blow my nose more than a few times? 4) when you say you will arrange a taxi can you actually do it or do I have to really beg you a total of three times over two days prior to my departure?

Lobby will fool you, rooms are dilapidated and unclean. When I reached into the closet to retrieve the extra blanket I was repulsed by the yellow cover of said blanket as if it was brought in off of the street by the homeless man living near the bus station. The great thing is when you keep things stained long enough off white becomes the new white.

Breakfast was magnificently big. Picture any food item you can imagine and pump it full of a mysterious white creamy substance.
I do want to stress the staff was nice! There is simply no money being put into the rooms.

Picture motel 6 red headed step child and You found Jerusalem gate.

Good location FYI.

It’s a hostel with the word hotel in it.

P.S. either the hospital is under the hotel or they are unfortunately On the exact route 100% of all ambulances drive by to pick up and drop off all victims with emergent health issues.

I did not do my research before booking my bad!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank badreferee
Reviewed December 19, 2018

The rooms are basic but spotlessly clean. The staff is attentive; the breakfast is delicious and bountiful. The rate is very reasonable. The location is out of the main tourist area but very convenient to the Central Bus Station and the new train station. From the airport you can take the new express train (20 Minutes) and then a five minute walks.

I was surprised to see complaints of rooms. I have been here many times and always found the rooms and linens to be clean. (Pillows were a little stiff). Free parking is a plus.

• Trip type: Traveled solo