Jerusalem Gate Hotel
$490
$447
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$137
$113
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$738
$510
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was my first time in Israel, and I was in Jerusalem Gate, the location near the central bus station and near the light train- it's perfect, the hotel has security they helped me with my luggage, very nice reception staff- they helped me find tours in Jerusalem, service is quick and good. very nice people and allways willing to help.
There is car rental close to the hotel and free parking for guests.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful, clean room, nice bar, shopping mall with good restaurnts.

Good place near the hotel: Machane Yehuda Market!!! I was there with my friends and we really enjoyed.

I would definitely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: High floor room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank anjelita r
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice and friendly staff. Helpful with info. Good value for money Easy acsses to all of Jerusalem. They have a shopping center below the hotel which make easy to exchange money Rooms are nice and clean Large lobby and good food. I will be back there on my next trip to Israel

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The location near the central bus station and near the light train should be perfect, but on Jewish holidays and Saturdays it is a nightmare.
The clientèle of ultra orthodox people on weekends and festivals and the young Americans from Birthright can be a problem.
The food is below average!
The staff is professional and helpful.
The WIFI offered is NOT free of charge and the price is a scandal.
The hotel is used by groups, so if you have an alternative, avoid the place till they improve.
They have great potential, but .....

Room Tip: Have a look at the room offered before checking in and make sure you have some kind of a view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Massoud010
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have had the misfortune of spending a couple of nights in this hotel. It was chock-a-block full of religious people, wedding parties and - oh, nightmare - American teenage tour groups. The rooms are old and tired, the beds are old and tired, the building itself (being not so old but tired nonetheless) is an eyesore in anyone's opinion. The staff were friendly enough - if just you could talk to them with all these people complaining and ordering about. The evenings smelled of badly cooked fish and breakfast is a sad affair. Nope, hopefully I will never visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank hanoded
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel approx 18 months ago for a few days and quite enjoyed it as a base. It was a little noisy but was clean, fairly comfortable, excellent breakfasts, and the staff were really helpful.

Based on our first experience, we decided to spend a few days here again at the end of July. It is very near the central bus station and the tram and so was ideal for us getting around. I dont expect staff to remember me but the same staff who were so friendly the first time were the absolute opposite this time and on every occasion we approached reception from booking in to booking out, we were just ignored. There was one lovely lady on reception but that wasn't really any compensation as on the whole we felt we were putting them out when they had other things to do like talking on their mobile phones or to each other and laughing at my daughter and making comments when she tried to attract their attention - not knowing that we could understand.

This is a very popular hotel for groups and weddings as well as individual tourists but the management shouldn't be complacent and really do need to work on public relations. I wouldn't necessarily stay here a third time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family