2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$249
Hotels.com$248
Orbitz.com$248
eDreams$249
Travelocity$248
CheapTickets$248
2,190 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

It really was a terrible stay. The hotel really needs to be closed down for refurbishment or for thorough cleaning as a minimum. Dirty hotel is not a nice hotel. No extras were delivered without a need to ask, breakfast was mostly a chaos and service should not be expected in this property.

Location is quite good though, especially if you are attending Jerusalem Marathon :-)

Room tip: Better try an alternative. No value for whatever rate paid.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kaido_EST
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at VERT Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Hello kaido_EST,

We're glad to have hosted your stay and it's lovely you find our location convenient. On the downside, I'm sorry you find our upkeep and cleanliness short of expectations. I'm also concerned that the breakfast and service level provided missed to leave a more positive impression.

We take feedback seriously and trust that I've shared this with the management. Be advised that I also sent a message to get more info.

Kind Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in crown plaza jerusalem last week, it's really good. good location(take bus no1 half hour to old city), nice room(looks like new),good lounge. there are many space for parking,but expensive(50 per day).
everything is good, especially in Jerusalem, I recommend to every one.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank annakong
hadar1020, Guest Relations Manager at VERT Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Dear annakong

, Thank you for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Jerusalem. I appreciate you took the time to comment about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to read your Comments. Hope to host you again in a nearest future.
Sincerely yours,
Hotel Management.

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We came to the hotel for a stay of 2 nights one of the receptions was nice to us the other one wasnt in the booking they promised us a room with a bath and we didnt we only got a shower there was no light bulb in the bed lamp i phoned down to tell them and they promised me they would deal with it i told them i am going out they said fine i should go out and when i come back it would be fixed i came back after 2 and a half hours out and it wasnt dealt with after phoning and waiting another hour and listening to them on the phone cursing me they finaly came and dealt with it i dont recomend this hotel to any one

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at VERT Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Hello יצחק ה,

Thanks for staying with us, you're feedback is important. While it's great to know that your concerns have been attended to, I'm sorry for the time it took and for the letdown caused by the room's upkeep. The situations you described are certainly not what we expected so trust that these have been shared with the team so we may avoid similar instances. Please note that I also sent you a message to get more details.

Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed May 1, 2019

I booked two rooms for one night using points. The hotel was not located in the area of Jerusalem that we planned to spend most of our time in but the IHG website advertised a free shuttle between the old city. I decided it was worth using points as long as we could use the shuttle. When we arrived a little after noon for a 3PM check in, I assumed incorrectly that we would be able to leave out things in one room, use the facilities and get on with our day. I was told check in was at 3 and we would not have access to our rooms until then. Fine, I asked where the shuttle stop was in the Old City to get back in the evening, I figured we would meander our way there and shuttle back in the evening. I was told there were "modifications" and they haven't offered shuttle service for a year. I explained that it was listed on the website, that's why I chose to stay at this property and asked if they would pay for a taxi instead. I received a flat out no. I asked to speak with a manager, one was called. I went through the issue with him again, asking for reimbursement for the taxi. He said it was not on the website, I said yes it was. He almost dared me to find it and show him, which I did. I googled Old City Shuttle Crowne Plaza Jerusalem on my phone and it came right up. He took a picture and sent it to his manager. He came out and said they would not reimburse me. I said asked to speak to the GM. He came out, I explained the situation once again. He said he did not put this on the website. I said its on the IHG website, they fly the flag, its their website. He said there was nothing they would do and he would be calling IHG. I responded that I would be as well. I left the property and called IHG. The representative was very understanding, he asked me to hold so he could call the property for me. He came back on the line, saying this is highly irregular but as they are not answering their phones, he has no way or reaching them and there is nothing he can do for me right now but he will create a case and someone will be in touch with me upon resolution. This was 3 days ago, I hope to hear something soon.
We went about our day and returned late at night with an easy checkin. I'd half hoped for an upgrade or a free breakfast or an apology but there was no mention. They gave us connecting rooms which was nice. But the bathrooms had some mold in them and the air circulation in one of the rooms did not work. But, around 4:30 in the morning we were woken by yelling in the adjacent room. After about 30 minutes, I called downstairs and complained. It stopped around 6 AM. We fell back asleep until 8:30 when 10 people must have packed into the room for a gathering opening and slamming the door and having loud conversations outside the room with the door open. When I checked out, I expected an apology for the noise the night before, but they said nothing. There is value to points, its not like I did not compensate them for my stay. The value, however, was horrible, This is not an IHG property and definitely not a Crowne Plaza. It is a disgrace to the flag.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at VERT Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Hello civppl,

Thanks for staying with us, I'm glad to know that the team was able to accommodate you in connecting rooms. On the downside, I'm sorry to learn about your concerns about the shuttle service and the upkeep of the bathroom. I'm also concerned about the noise from the other room and for falling short in terms of service level. Feedback gives us the chance to improve so be assured that this is shared with the management. Please be advised that I also sent a message to get more information.

Kind regards,

Jillian Z

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

I agree entirely with the lengthy April 14 review by Binfield. We are Spire Ambassador status and also stayed on points. Our room was very small, but clean. That’s about the only positive thing I have to stay about our 5 night stay. Binfield’s review mentions not being able to find the club lounge. It’s on the 21st floor and offers a great view of the city. Like most everything else on this property it is open while in the midst renovation.

We have stayed in properties undergoing renovation before. We realize that this creates a less than best situation for the customer and places extra demands on the management and staff. But we have never experienced a situation as bad as we experienced here anywhere else.....ever. The general environment outside of our room was dirty and seemed disorganized. Hours of operation of the lobby floor shops and the club lounge were not followed and it was difficult, if not impossible to get a straight answer on them. Examples of poor workmanship abound....room doors that have to be slammed shut, room doors that let light through at the top or bottom, HVAC grates that aren’t flush, patio doors that don’t fully open, and I’m sure there are other examples. But perhaps what is the worst issue, we were never told that the hotel was being renovated, not at the time we made the reservation, not upon arrival and not since. A time like this is an opportunity for the management and staff to up their game to meet the challenge. We have seen no evidence of that happening here. Had the attitude been more gracious and the approach more informative, our reaction would not have been nearly as negative.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at VERT Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Hello DMJA21,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Jerusalem, Israel. I appreciate your nice comment about cleanliness.

On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room size, air conditioning, cleanliness will all was a result of the renovation. I understand how frustrating that can be and I'm sorry we failed you this time. I have shared your comment to the hotel's management fro review and for service improvement. I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando