“Excellent Israeli food at reasonable price”
Review of Sima's Restaurant

Sima's Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 743 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At the heart of colorful Mahne Yehuda market located a traditional middle eastern grill restaurant, with years of exprience way back in 1969, including special middle eastern dishes except the our finest meat- kube, hummus, tahina and many more.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I discovered Sima last year and went back several times and the food was excellent and plentiful. On my visit to Jersusalema we came back. The food was just as good. On ordering a meal about 10 salads etc are served with pita both fresh and toasted. This is included in the cost of the main meal. We have been back twice this time. The chicken livers are great, the chicken steak is just fabuloUs. The price is very reasonable. I would not miss Sima on a visit to Jerusalem. It is located just down from the Mehane Yudah on the same side do the road at the bottom of the hill.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband really enjoyed the Jerusalem Grille - he enjoyed the variety meats which are not commonly available. Service is so quick & attentive. Large menu, with everything so tempting. Portions are quite generous. Soup was so tasty and in a large bowl. Vegetarian choices available. Just a short walk from the Mahane Yehuda market.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Located on the south of the well-known Machane Yehudaw open market. (walk around distance)
they serve classical dishes of the oriental kitchen – most are BBQ with fries and fresh veg. salad & Pickles
dishes are very rich and a useful tip for small to medium class stomachs – take one dish for two.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My son and I arrived in Jerusalem late, we were looking for a good place to eat. Sima is a well known and establishe institution in Jerusalem. 4 stops on the "Haracevet Hakala" from the hotel area to Mahane Yehuda market. I had kobbeh beets soup and my son had kebab with fries. Before the dishes arrived, the table was filled with delicious fresh salads and pitas. The food was very good. With 2 Coke Zero we paid 110 shekels.
(kobbeh is filled dumpling that can be boiled or fried. Its outer shell made ​​with semolina or bulgur flour, rice or potatoes. Filling usually consists of beef or lamb. kobbeh very common in Iraq)

1  Thank Gor-Nisht
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My second time here and not disappointed. Took a group of customers prior to our trip round the old city and delighted to say they loved it as much as me.

Because the bulk of the group were from the UK, I did suggest they called one of the dishes Jerusalem special rather than a plate of internals as it doesn't exactly sound desperately appealing. That said it's my fav on the menu, so so tasty and everyone else loved it even when they established what it was.

They all appreciated being taken to a local type restaurant rather than one somewhat more sterile and they put us towards the back so we didn't disrupt others.

We used to stop at Abu Ghosh en route from Tel Aviv but this is a way better idea.