“Israel - A lifetime dream trip”

Israel By Mouth, Foot or Private Tour
Ranked #21 of 224 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jerusalem ''Private'' Tour Drive from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem via Latrun and Sha'ar Hagai. In Jerusalem tour begins with panoramic view of the Old & New City atop Mount Scopus (or Mount of Olives). Enter the Old City via Dung Gate. Visit the Western Wall (Kottle) and walk via the Araba Bazaar to the Via Dolorosa. Proceed till the Church of Holy Sepulcher. Walk on the "Cardo", in the restored Jewish Quarter to Mount Zion. Visit King David's Tomb & Last Supper Room (time permitting). Exit the OLd City for a lunch break & proceed for a visit of Yad VaShem Holocaust Memorial. Short tour of the New City .
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Poteau, Oklahoma
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Israel - A lifetime dream trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

On Nov. 18, 2009, I began a journey that had been in my thoughts and desires for many years and one I would repeat if possible!!! We traveled through Educational Opportunities Tours and were led by our Director of Missions as we spent an exciting 8 days touring the country of Israel. We had an Israeli guide, beautiful young woman who made the journey through the Bible come alive. Our stay in two beautiful hotels, wonderful travels on buses, boats and great meals made this trip memorable!! I realize this was almost 5 years ago but still has a special place in my memory!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ann2514

• Hebrew first
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ami Giz Israel Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Ami Giz guided my 9-year old grandson and me on a walking tour of Jerusalem. He was just fantastic. Took us many places - the high point was the tunnels under the ancient City of David. Ami was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He is an excellent guide for both adults and as in my case, young children as well. (He even found a doctor for me when I needed one and checked back to see if everything was all right.) His contact info: ami5897@gmail.com, tel. 972-542288003.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank mike_twgi
New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ami Giz: Wonderful Private Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I booked a private tour to Israel through Big Five Tours and Expeditions. Our Israeli guide was Ami Giz. Throughout our eight days together, we found Ami to be energetic and informative, and felt very comfortable discussing the cultural and religious aspects of every sight and site we visited. He was very straightforward in sharing his views of modern Israel, which made us feel comfortable asking him straightforward questions. Beyond that, he had a never-ending supply of restaurant suggestions, whatever our mood, from high-end restaurants, to family-run lunch spots, right down to the best falafel stands. (One of the high points of our visit to Jerusalem was munching our way through Machne Yehuda market.) Highly recommended.

1 Thank MelMike-NJ
Newton, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dubi ( Dov) Fishler: fabulous guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I would most highly recommend Dubi to anyone traveling to Israel. He created full week itinerary for us which was fascinating as well as a fabulous experience. He has had more than 30 years as a tour guide and is a walking encyclopia for the history of sites you might see. From Tel Aviv to the Holy sites around the Sea of Galilee, Jerusalum, to the Dead Sea, we saw and learned a tremendous amount. Dubi is a pleasure to be with, flexible in his approach and extremely knowledgeable--even down to knwoing where to find the best falalfel in Israel!

2 Thank jebmillis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

For a father (50) - son (20) trip to Israel, we were looking for an active tour. We wanted to stay on the move so we could cover as much territory and as many experiences as possible. Before leaving for the trip, we were hoping to be tired at each day's end -- on account of full days and a lot of movement. We also hoped to learn a lot about the geopolitical and religious landscape.

Ami designed an 11-day tour especially for our wishes, with unexpected twists and turns that led us to every nook and corner of Israel, the West Bank, and Jordan. We met people that we never expected to meet -- people that made the tour come alive; and we got into places that were sometimes closed and sometimes far off the beaten path. I feel like we covered this wonderful place from north to south and east to west; and I feel much more connected to the regional politics and to my faith and other faiths after this tour.

The best part, of course, is that I had an unforgettable journey with my son -- one we both will remember for the rest of our lives. And the first hike of the week -- from the cliff at Arbel to the Galilean Sea -- was a wonderful way for the two of us (my son and me) to bond on the trip and to experience Galilee in a tangible way.

Ami has an insatiable desire to learn. He is always willing to read, to observe, and to explore in order to keep his love for the region alive. He stays fresh with enthusiasm by taking the roads less traveled, the turns unexplored, and the courses full of challenges. Frankly, we have far too many great memories to record here in detail, but a quick look at our "cities visited" itinerary alone will say a lot:

Tel Aviv
Golan Heights
Katsrim
Bet She'an
West Bank
Jerusalem (City of David, Old City, New City)
Bethlehem
Jordan River (Jesus' Baptism)
Nabi Musa
Valley of Zin
Wadi Ram (Jordan)
Wadi Musa (Jordan)
Petra

Trip of a lifetime for my son and me.

3 Thank Timothy G