“Best Tour Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Israel By Mouth, Foot or Private Tour
Ranked #18 of 217 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jerusalem ''Private'' Tour Drive from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem via Latrun and Sha'ar Hagai. In Jerusalem tour begins with panoramic view of the Old & New City atop Mount Scopus (or Mount of Olives). Enter the Old City via Dung Gate. Visit the Western Wall (Kottle) and walk via the Araba Bazaar to the Via Dolorosa. Proceed till the Church of Holy Sepulcher. Walk on the "Cardo", in the restored Jewish Quarter to Mount Zion. Visit King David's Tomb & Last Supper Room (time permitting). Exit the OLd City for a lunch break & proceed for a visit of Yad VaShem Holocaust Memorial. Short tour of the New City .
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Tour Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Ami Giz is quite a man. Bringing urban casual Isreali cool to deep knowledge of Isreal's history and the sites on and off the beaten path, Ami is a lot of fun to fur with. He is warm, friendly, and thoughtful and is perceived as such by both his tourists in tow, as well as his many friends and colleagues in the shops, museums and restaurants he knows so well.

Ami is unfailingly patient for those with a slower pace, but ready to set the pace for an ambitious agenda: After arriving at around 1100, Ami got us checked into our hotel early, proceeded to take us to Jaffa were we climbed through the old city seeing art, Judiaca, and old friends that welcomed everyone in his tow with warm smiles.

From there, we were not to miss Ceasaria. Despite the wether not cooperating, we huddled under an umbrella, saw a brilliant movie, and did walk the hippodrome, villa ruins, the magnificent mosaics of the public baths, and the aqueducts, before a hearty lunch at the Crusader Inn.

Knowing the owner and manager, we got the best assortment of Greek, Roman, Israeli, Lebanese and other mezzo plates of calimari, salmon, taramasalata, tahini, tsatziki, tomatoes, green olives,beets, and smoked cabbage, among others, Served with wonderful focaccia bread

The main course included - without question - the best t I have ever had. Slit into sections, dried and dredged in light olive oil, lightly slated and fried in olive oil produced moist, slightly smokey morsels of sweet fish on its on salted crisp of fish skin. Easy to eat, even for non fish lovers!

A Great Bonding Experience for a 53 year old dad and his 19 year old son. The night was capped by some beautiful (completely decadent with chocolate) French Hot chocolate and warm conversation form the Kentucky American transplant who, with his wife, make all forms of filled chocolates (Perlins and petit fours) another magical part of The Mount Carmel experience. . . .How could the day have ended better than with dessert with this gifted, kind, knowledgeable, and energetically enjoyable traveling companion and hospitable host.

Five stars for the Host, Five Stars for the Food, and Five Stars for his super-clean and luxorious Mercedes SUV. Many thanks!!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank JBP834

• Hebrew first
New York City, New York
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Ami was our guide in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. His knowledge and experience helped us to see Israel in a fantastic way. He is very organized but not pushy. Thank you, Ami,

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ilya W
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“When you travel with Ami... No Problem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I spent a week traveling all over Israel with Ami and although he was my guide, when I left, I felt as though I was leaving a good friend. We traveled in comfort from Tel Aviv to northern Galilee to Haifa to Caesarea to Jerusalem to Masada and the Dead Sea and in each location, I saw things and received insights from Ami I would have never received from another guide.

Ami speaks Hebrew, Arabic, English and Spanish and could easily communicate me and with anyone wherever we went. He was kind and patient as I carted my camera equipment all over and took many photos and videos day after day.

Ami is a walking wealth of knowledge, constantly giving facts and historical tidbits. I was amazed at how much of that knowledge I retained as I returned home to the states, and looked back through the photos of where we had been. In short, if you are going to Israel and want to see the best sites with the best guide, you have no other choice than to hire Ami Giz. I cannot wait to go back and have a glass of Galilean wine with my friend.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ChicagoPromoDan
Sfo
“Fantastic Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Ami led us on a fabulous adventure to Masada and the Dead Sea. He was super knowledgeable of the history surrounding each detail and feature we saw, both ancient and modern. This brought the environment to life.

We never felt rushed and Ami never missed an opportunity to check something interesting out, even if it wasn't part of our original plan.

His Mercedes was comfortable, quiet and spacious.

I highly recommend Ami's creative and enthusiastic tours.

Visited February 2014
Milano, Italia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Unique experience in Jerusalem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My friends and I had the chance to have Ami as a guide in Jerusalem for 1 day during our trip.
His deep knowledge - in terms of history&religion but also local culture - makes him the perfect guide tailored for your needs.
Walking around with him gave us a different point of view of Jerusalem, we visited the main tourists attractions but also local places such as Mahane Yehuda Market where we had a fabulous culinary experience!

Visited January 2014