“"We highly recommend Shalom Tours"”

Shalom Israel Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 255 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Shalom Israel Tours is a family owned tour operator based in Israel. Offering both tailor-made private tours and group tours, we have a wide selection of tours that run every day! We care about our customers and work to provide the best Israel vacation experience at the best price!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I just returned from the 12 day Jewish Heritage Tour. It was a trip of a lifetime!! The entire experience exceeded our expectations! Shalom Stark is a real stand up guy! He took care of everything and was always available to speak with. Everything went quite smoothly...from the airport transfers to hotel accommodations to pick up each morning on a first class mini bus. Our tour guide Eli was by far the best tour guide we have ever had! He is quite passionate about his country which came across in every bit of information he imparted! He was very entertaining and funny, and we all learned so much from him. Eli kept us moving and on schedule and we visited even more sites than were on the agenda. He was always concerned for the safety and comfort of each tour member. By the end of the trip Eli was like family!!!

5  Thank Jody G
ShalomIsrael, Manager at Shalom Israel Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

You guide Eli is certainly an inspiring tour guide, I'm so glad you enjoyed your tour and thank you for your review and comments about our customer service!

If ever we can be of service in the future, please call anytime!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My daughter recently got married in Israel and many of our guest from the US had never been to Israel. I wanted a trip that would be fun with a mix of history. Shalom arranged for us Dune Buggy tour of the Golan Heights, The 2nd longest zip line in the world and rafting on the Jordan River. We also visited historical sights and every meal under their direction was better than the last! We had two different guides and they where both outstanding and learned the personalities of my 12 family members to make the trip enjoyable by all.I would recommend Shalom Tours without hesitation. They are simply wonderful!

4  Thank Brian S

You certainly had an adventurous tour, I'm glad that everything exceeded your expectations and mozel tov again on your daughters wedding!

As I mentioned in my email, next time you're in Israel, drinks are on me!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Shalom's 12 Day Jewish Heritage Tour. It was truly a trip of a lifetime. Booking with Shalom was very easy. He took care of everything and quicky answered any questions I had. The trip was especially unique because of our tour guide, Meni. Meni shared his wealth of knowledge, passion about the country and keen sense of humor with all of us on the bus. He made it feel like a family experience. When we hopefully return for our next visit, we will certainly book with Shalom again, and request Meni as out guide!

2  Thank elbee816

Thank you very much for your glowing review, we work hard for our clients, I'm so happy you enjoyed your experience in Israel!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The excellence of the Shalom Israel Jewish Heritage Tour itinerary was matched by our superb tour guide, Doron, who went far above the call of duty, starting each day early and ending late to make the best use of our limited time in Israel. The tour was well paced with minimal downtime. Our guide was an enthusiastic and effective teacher, and his knowledge of Israel's ancient history, modern and military history, archaeology, and culture was encyclopedic. He imparted in all of us a fervent Zionism, and those of us who were ambivalent about Israel's centrality for the Jewish people are ambivalent no longer. Finally, we marveled at his skills in safe driving and parking. I urge all of you to book your tours with Shalom Israel, and if possible to ask for Doron as your guide.

2  Thank Jim Z

Thank you for your fabulous review! I'm so glad that your family trip was a success! Doron is a great tour guide, he certainly does work very hard to go the extra mile for all clients!

If we can every be of service in the future, we're here to help!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We recently returned from a private 8 day trip to Israel and Jordan (Petra) that was completely organized by Shalom and his company. From the beginning Shalom was one of the most professional tour services I have ever worked with. I will summarize our experience before and during the trip.

Before:
We had five people, with three different arrival times and many different logistical considerations. Shalom handled all of those with no problem. He setup private VIP pickup (at the gate! even before we got our bags) for each group which was seamless. Given our tight schedule of 8 days but our desire to see and do almost everything, Shalom came up with an intense and action packed schedule, which is what we wanted. He combined the itineraries of what other companies were offering in 12-15 days into this 8 days period. I am confident we did not miss any major sites in Israel. I went back and forth with Shalom on the tour details three or four times, and every time he came back with an adjusted itinerary, price, and plan. He was very patient, supportive, and accommodating. For piece of mind, I priced out a similar itinerary with two other companies but it was almost 50% more in terms of cost with worse hotels.

Our trip:
From the minute we landed, Shalom was on the phone with us and making sure everything was smooth. My brother had some flight issues and arrive five hours later than expected. I was concerned he would miss our domestic flight to Eilat to go to Petra, but Shalom made sure that he was booked on a flight that evening and that our trip was uninterrupted. AMAZING! All the while he was communicating with us via phone to keep us updated. This did not change as we went on through the trip. He was never more than a phone call away, and Shalom personally called us on many of the days to make sure there was nothing he could do to improve our trip further.

In the 8 days we were there, we went to Petra, Tiberias/Golan Heights, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, including Masada and the Dead Sea. Even though the days were long (again, this is what we wanted for our private tour), our tour guide (Yonatan Shlomo) made it very worthwhile providing useful information the whole time. He was fantastic, squeezing in extra sites/requests (for example we made a last minute addition of Yad Vesham (the Holocaust museum) to our itinerary) and even putting in a few extra stops when the time and schedule permitted. At the same time, since it was a private tour he did not rush us and was very accommodating. He even helped my brother get his scientific poster printed in Jerusalem for a research conference he was going to after the trip. Overall it was a phenomenal tour and its hard to imagine things going any better. The hotels, car, and guide were all great and we had a wonderful trip. I would recommend Shalom to anyone and will be sending all my friends and family to him in the future.

You will have a wonderful trip if you go with Shalom, it will be the cheapest, and the service will be the best. WIN.

4  Thank Sid P