“Very fun!!”

Shalom Israel Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 266 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Shalom Israel Tours is a family owned tour operator based in Israel. Offering both tailor-made private tours and group tours, we have a wide selection of tours that run every day! We care about our customers and work to provide the best Israel vacation experience at the best price!
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great day, highly recommend the 4 wheeling! Service great, views were spectacular. Fabulous experience!

11  Thank Roykatalan

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I found Shalom Tours via Trip Advisor and I must say I was a little skeptical that almost everyone has given 5 stars. But now that I have had the experience I can attest that the service provided by Shalom Stark deserves 5 stars!

I contacted Shalom from the US, less than one week prior to my trip to Israel. I asked about going to Petra, Jordan in one day. From Tel Aviv. Shalom proposed a trip starting with the first early morning flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat. I was concerned that we would be rushing around and then get stuck in a large tour group filled with folks less mobile then my party and that would slow us down. After all, why go to the expense of visiting Petra but not be able to see it all? So at Shalom's suggestion we switched to a private tour. During the booking process we traded many emails at all hours of the day - Shalom is very responsive and his answers were direct and to the point.

It was not a cheap day, but it was spectacular. But for this write up I will limit my comments to the logistics provided by Shalom.

5:20am - we arrive at Sta Dov - the small airport in Tel Aviv. We find the airport is locked down until it's opening at 5:30. Sort of funny.

6:30 Fly to Eilat
7:30 Arrive Eilat
7:35 We see are names on the sign held by Shalom's representative who is standing right there.
7:40 We are in a cab being driven to the boarder. We ask to stop to buy a snack. No problem.
8 am We are at the border. Met by representative who collects our $55/pp fee and guides us to through the process. Tell us to meet Machmood on the other side.
8:10 Relieved that we are just ahead of the large tour group just behind us, we walk through and immediately are recognized by Machmood.
8:25 By this time Machmood has guided us through Jordanian passport control and introduces us to Achmed, who will be our guide. Achmed is British educated, an engineer by training and very nice and informative all day long.
8:30 Achmed picks up cold water bottles for us, walks us to the private car where we meet our driver, Mohamed.
10:30 We arrive Petra. Achmed had provided us with 2 hours of education, photo ops, gift shopping and Mohamed has demonstrated his driving skill using all of the pavement (I guess in Jordan the stripes on the road are just for reference rather than being law). He was fast but he was safe.
4:30 After 6 hours wandering around Petra (the trip down the valley accompanied by Achmed) we returned to Mohamed and the car to repeat the process in reverse. Every handoff in this direction was also flawless. We saw everything we wanted to see in Petra, had an hour in Eilat and decided to take an earlier flight back to Tel Aviv.

A perfect day, orchestrated by Shalom. Highly recommended.

11  Thank Jerry R
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Shalom Stark's close personal follow-up on every detail of our Israeli visit left us feeling we were in good hands.

From the history lessons and current information about Israel, to the recommendation for iced coffee at Aroma, and everything in between Aaron, our full time guide,.covered it all with a well displayed intense desire to do the absolute best for us. We walked on the Golan heights, Masada, at the Wall, Old and New Jerusalem, etc. We swam at a Kibbutz, a lake and the Dead, the Red and the Med seas. We went from the north to the south and east and west covering all of Israel in a 13 day well organized tour.

You would definitely enjoy Shalom Israels offerings.

11  Thank vasmith1
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had an amazing two week trip which was arranged through Shalom Stark tours.
From my first contact with Shalom everything went perfectly. I emailed our dates and he responded immediately with a prospective itinerary and cost. We had never been to Israel and asked for input from friends and family. I relayed this information to Shalom and he readily modified the itinerary. From the moment we landed we were looked after by the people Shalom arranged to assist us. We were met as we stepped out of the plane and driven to an separate customs desk-no waiting. We then picked up our luggage and were delivered to the hotel. We spent our first days in Jerusalem and Shalom arranged for Patrick to give us an informative walking tour around the wall and the different quarters. Shalom then placed us in the excellent hands of Shimon who enthusiastically relayed the history of Israel as we toured through the various sites. He wanted us to learn as well as experience the sites, and daily we went through the sequence of conquering armies and the events that occurred. He helped us tie things together and was a wealth of information. Shimon would modify our schedule slightly to show us something interesting to see along the way. He was so enthusiastic about every place we went and brought the history and country to life. Shalom was only a phone call away if assistance was needed. When I couldn't unlock my rental phone (I arranged for this on my own and the company was closed for the day), I called him and he was able to tell me how to unlock it. I cannot thank Shalom and Shimon enough for their professionalism and experienced guidance in making our first trip to Israel so memorable.
Lisa W.

8  Thank lisa w
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I just returned home from a 3 week European vacation with my two children. We traveled Israel, Barcelona, and Greece. We were in Israel for 8 days and without Shalom Stark, I believe our trip would have limited. Shalom arranged for a tour guide for 4 of our 8 day stay. Ori Stern (our guide) was knowledgable and professional. I had many reservations traveling as a single mom with two younger children but all my worries were left at the door. I told Shalom the areas I wanted to visit and some of the things we wanted to do. With this information, Shalom put together days filled with adventure, history, and a Bat Mitzvah for my daughter that was more than I could have ever dream of.

My daughter became a Bat Mitzvah on top of Masada. He arranged for challah baking and a beautiful service that was not only individual but fun! We all participated in the service and as an added bonus, we found some musicians and asked them to play for us. It was an experience of a lifetime. After we enjoyed the afternoon at Mineral Beach at the Dead Sea and a visit to Ahava Factory. This is a definite for anyone who travels to Israel.

Another day (actually 2 days) we traveled up to Tzfat. We visited some of the oldest synagogues that were beautiful. The streets of Tzfat were so full of history, I didn't want to blink. The hotel he arranged here was perfect as well. We visited the Golan Heights where we did 4x4 jeeping, saw some wild gazelles, walked through an Israeli bunker, and rafted down the Jordan River. Truly a wonderful experience.

Our day in Jerusalem was so full even I was exhausted. We visited the Old City of David, underground water tunnels, Western Wall, Jewish Quarters, and all the other stuff in-between. Our tour guide was so knowledgable here that we even went back to Jerusalem on our own and just got lost!!! And when one gets lost, you really can get lost. Oh, and don't forget to go to the Shuk, an experience in itself.

Shalom made this trip easy. He lives Israel but seems to keep USA hours. I called him many times on his 800 number at various times in the day and he always picked up (honestly, I do not think he ever sleeps). I do not speak hebrew but no worries because his english is perfect. He also arranged for me to be able to have an Israeli phone with a phone number that was local to the states and only cost me pennies! THIS was key since I had one child who did not come with us.

All in all, I knew what I wanted out of our trip to Israel, but it was Shalom who made it happen. Without his assistance and knowledge, I know I would have been lost. Shalom, thank you!!!

9  Thank Maxine321