“Unparalleled knowledge of Israel!”
Review of See Israel - Tours

See Israel - Tours
Ranked #41 of 237 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Mimi Oppenheimer. I am a certified tour guide to Israel, carrying a license from the Israeli Ministry of Tourism. I enthusiastically practice private tour guides in Israel for more then 12 years in English and German.Please read more on my website.
New York, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“Unparalleled knowledge of Israel!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

After having the good fortune of a week in Israel with Mimi, I now see that her universal five-star ratings are most certainly justified.

We were a family of 6 adults seeking a customized tour of the major sites in Jerusalem and the North. We did not want to do a package tour or something off-the-shelf, but instead to determine what makes the most sense based on our family's own interests -- including Jewish, Christian, and non-religious sites.

From the moment we first made contact, I knew that Mimi would be a great fit for our family. For weeks leading up to our arrival, she was exceptional in crafting the itinerary, helping us assess the best options, and revising the itinerary with us multiple times based on feedback. She was very thorough and patient in this process.

Once we reached Israel, our expectations most certainly were exceeded. Mimi has an amazing knowledge of just about anything you can imagine -- not only the sites but also contemporary Israeli society and religious history. Her English is flawless. She gave outstanding tours of each stop on our agenda, and she took us to many places we never would have found in a guidebook or on our own (including a very cool "dude ranch" restaurant in the North, a fantastic winery, an amazing little restaurant in the Arab quarter of Old City Jerusalem, many look-out vantage points along the drive, etc.). And she proved very adaptable and resilient -- there will be things that come up unexpectedly in Israel (in our case, some road closures and festivals) and she knows how to maneuver around them. I happened to break my foot at the beginning of the trip, and she adapted the trip so that I could participate, helped me to find a wheelchair to rent when needed, etc.

In short, our family would give Mimi the highest recommendation. We were grateful to have found her and to have been under her care -- she made everything so seamless and ensured our time was well-spent. We also enjoyed getting to know her on a personal level.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank NYinTransit

San Mateo
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A perfect day with Mimi”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My wife and I hired the tour services of Mimi on May 7th, for a full day of visiting Masada and The Dead Sea areas. As other travelers have said before us, Mimi was the perfect guide. She picked us up from our hotel on time, and we were off to Masada. After a quick lunch, we were off to The Dead Sea. Mimi picked Mineral Beach as the area for us to experience this lowest place on earth. It did cost us a little more than other areas, but for us, it was the best option, and we thank Mimi for suggesting it to us. We would not hesitate to recommend her to people who want a great tour. Thank you again Mimi!

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A delightful cheerleader for the State of Israel”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Not wanting to be tied to just another standard group bus tour, my wife and I recently engaged Mimi Oppenheimer to put together a customized, one week private tour for us. We found Mimi to be delightful. The 6 day itinerary Mimi proposed from Acre(Akko) to the Negev desert was extensive, but she was also flexible enough to" go with the flow" when circumstances required. She knew the popular sights as well as the more obscure. As Mimi introduced us to the many antiquities Israel has to offer, she always took pains to point out and explain the nuances in the similarities and differences we were observing. As our journey progressed however, Mimi also showed us the best places to find a great cup of coffee, clean restrooms along the way and good places to eat - be it fast food falafel, a good sandwich or a gourmet dinner.

Mimi knew where to stay overnight be it a modest kibbutz or some place with more stars in their reputation. Mimi knew her way around the highways, the back-roads and the detours. She seemed to have an encyclopedic familiarity with the different kind of plants, birds and animals we encountered and she was tolerant of our incessant requests to take advantage of photo opportunities. Mimi also knew where to find obligatory souvenirs as well as where to find a fair deal on special gifts to bring back for special people.

Language was never a problem with multi-lingual Mimi and you could ask her about anything. While she was never shy about expressing her opinions or poking fun at politicians, Mimi at the same time was also a proud cheerleader for the State of Israel and her way of life. I whole heartedly recommend Mimi to you if you are considering a private tour of Israel.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Allan K
MMHoustonTX
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“If you want a fierce, passionate, knowledgeable and indefatigable guide, Mimi is the one for you.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I spent six wonderful days with her visiting historical and cultural sites, architectural digs and cities throughout Israel, from Tiberias to the Negev desert, and we couldn’t have been happier with our selection of her. Mimi is an incredible font of information on topics ranging from archeology to politics, and kept us entertained and busy every day – and ready to put our feet up every night. Her hotel and restaurant suggestions were spot on as well and her patience with my incessant photo-taking was beyond the call of duty. Mimi made sure our dining and accommodations were the best possible; in fact, after quite a lot of “discussion”, Mimi persuaded the Ein Gedi Resort manager to switch us from a dark, windowless “upgraded” room to much better accommodations. She will protect and defend you without giving ground! Can you tell our adventure with her far exceeded our expectations?

Visited March 2014
makati
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Worthwhile trip”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Pilgrims like us visited the Holyland, Israel. Jerusalem known to be it's ca[ota; os tje "City of Peace" and formerly called Yerushalayem. The sites we went to are The Dome (where Abraham was about to offer Isaac), Tomb of Lazarus, Masada (King Herod's last retreat bastion), Golden Gate, Old City. After, we went to Bethlehem, Christ's birthplace, which reminded us of His life here on earth. We saw the Grotto of Nativity (where first christmas took place), and retraced the step of Christ from the Garden of Gethsemane, and finally, the Holy Sepalchre where Christ was burried . Via Dolorosa is the way to Calvary. The station of the cross is done on holy week (best time to be here is on holy week). When we were here, we prayed the rosary while walking. We also saw the Shepherd's Field (where the shepherds saw the "bright star of Jerusalelm), Grotto das Hirtenfeld, Die Grotto de Champ des Bergers, La Groto de Campo de los Pastores. At the end of our pilgrim, we were given the Attestination of Pilgrimage. A visit to these places is worthwhile and educational. It further enhanced my knowledge and understanding of the biblical stories and events that occured before, during, and after Christ's coming.

Visited May 2013