“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of See Israel - Tours

See Israel - Tours
Ranked #41 of 224 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Mimi Oppenheimer. I am a certified tour guide to Israel, carrying a license from the Israeli Ministry of Tourism. I enthusiastically practice private tour guides in Israel for more then 12 years in English and German.Please read more on my website.
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I hired Yariv Hen of Israeli Tourguide to take myself and my husband on a 10 day private tour of Israel. Having a guide and driver enabled us to see many more sites than would have been possible on our own. He also ensured we never waited in line, or had to deal with large groups of people, and had flexibility as to our daily itinerary. For instance, as we drove to a site in the Golan, we decided to stop in a winery at the last minute and have a private tasting. Yariv is very knowledgable and a lot of fun. He has luxury SUV vehicles and iPad presentations to explain history and present maps, all on the go. We could use our laptop in the car to stay up to date at home while on our trip. He knows all the restaurants, was able to get us the best rooms in each hotel, and can make all your arrangements. He is consistent, reliable, an encyclopedia of knowledge, and personable. The experience changed us, deepened our understanding, and will be with us the rest of our lives. We had a romantic, exhilarating trip. Wow!

2 Thank Kirsten C

Auckland, New Zealand
“Best Tour Guide in Israel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have been in Israel for 10 days and hired Mimi for a private tour of Israel and boy was I surprised. She is even better then what I have read of her in TripAdvisor. She knew what I wanted out of this trip and put together an excellent itinerary which covered most of Israel and all the sites I wanted to see. She also arranged for another excellent tour guide (Izzat) for the Bethlehem and Jericho part of the tour which can be very tricky. They just made things happen. I would highly recommend Mimi to anyone who is planning a trip of a lifetime to Israel because she is nothing short of brilliant.

Thanks for a wonderful trip and riding your new car was worth every minute :)

Cheers, Chris (New Zealand)

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Israel in a Nutshell”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We have just finished 8 days in Israel with Mimi Oppenheimer as our guide. We knew little about Israel before our trip as Mimi took us from Tel Aviv to the Golan Heights and the Hula Valley with our base at Piña Balev in Rosh Piña (what a great B and B). She then took us around the Sea of Gallilee and brought the history of Jesus to life (a Jewish person giving us a Christian history lesson...amazing)! It was a great experience to learn about Israel over the past thousands of years. Our final base was Jerusalem. Here Mimi took us to all the sites, old and new, Jewish, Christian and Muslim) and then through the West Bank to Masada on the Dead Sea.

All in all a fantastic experience. Thanks Mimi for bringing Israel to life for us. Your extensive knowledge and fun personality made this a trip if a lifetime.

Leuven, Belgium
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A wonderful and unforgatable experience in the old city of jerusalem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Since 1981, I've been more then 30 times in Israel. But the visit of Jerusalem old city with Mimi Oppenheimer was an unique experience. She picked us up in Kfar Yona, with her very comfortable car, and drove us to Jerusalem, with already a lot of historical and political explanation on the way.
We started our visit on the Mount of Olives where she explained us the creation of the old city of Jerusalem. She was concise in her explanation and used very good map to complete her explanation. After this we visit the church of all Nations and the Kotel. But the most amazing experience with Mimi was her knowledge of Jewish, Islamic and Christian history and her explanations about archaeology and religions, really amazing... she was more then perfect in it. But what makes her so unique is her knowledge about special places. She took us on the roof of the Austrian Hospice on the via dolorosa, with an unique panoramically view of the old city from inside!!!
In every Christian place her explanation was clear and excellent. She refers to the Bible without any problem and we learned so much more then when we visit by yourself!
Mimi is a must if you want your visit to remain a unforgettable experience...and special memories forever.
Thank you so much Mimi for this special day where you showed us Jerusalem through your eyes, with your amazing knowledge, heart and love.
next year I'll book you again for a visit to Akko, Haifa Nazareth and Sepphoris....

Visited March 2013
1 Thank MyriamAmoes
LONDON
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I also looked for a few guides and decided on Mimi. Before I start I must say that getting a guide does add expense for this holiday but it is worth every penny. I was nervous, I wanted this a be a great trip as my husband had not been to Israel before. Even before we arrived she helped me with questions that had nothing to do with the tour she was doing with us. We started with a one day in Jerusalem. Mimi's knowledge and information are second to none and all questions are answered, however stupid they seem. She takes you where you need to go to get the most out of your visit. 3 days later she picked us up from our hotel for a 3 day trip to the north. I had some ideas of where I wanted to go as I had done my research but with Mimi she tells you whether it's worth going. Something you see on this website might seem like a good idea but it may not be worth it if you have to pack a lot in. Our weather was not kind to us and she had to change certain things, which she did without any fuss. You get friendly quickly as she is with you a lot during the day. She gives a lot of herself which makes it all the more fun.

Overall - do not hesitate in booking Mimi. Kind, thoughtful, knowledgeable, adaptable and a comfortable car!

Visited April 2013