“Israel in a Nutshell”
Review of See Israel - Tours

See Israel - Tours
Ranked #55 of 255 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Mimi Oppenheimer. I am a certified tour guide to Israel, carrying a license from the Israeli Ministry of Tourism. I enthusiastically practice private tour guides in Israel for more then 12 years in English and German.Please read more on my website.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have just finished 8 days in Israel with Mimi Oppenheimer as our guide. We knew little about Israel before our trip as Mimi took us from Tel Aviv to the Golan Heights and the Hula Valley with our base at Piña Balev in Rosh Piña (what a great B and B). She then took us around the Sea of Gallilee and brought the history of Jesus to life (a Jewish person giving us a Christian history lesson...amazing)! It was a great experience to learn about Israel over the past thousands of years. Our final base was Jerusalem. Here Mimi took us to all the sites, old and new, Jewish, Christian and Muslim) and then through the West Bank to Masada on the Dead Sea.

All in all a fantastic experience. Thanks Mimi for bringing Israel to life for us. Your extensive knowledge and fun personality made this a trip if a lifetime.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Since 1981, I've been more then 30 times in Israel. But the visit of Jerusalem old city with Mimi Oppenheimer was an unique experience. She picked us up in Kfar Yona, with her very comfortable car, and drove us to Jerusalem, with already a lot of historical and political explanation on the way.
We started our visit on the Mount of Olives where she explained us the creation of the old city of Jerusalem. She was concise in her explanation and used very good map to complete her explanation. After this we visit the church of all Nations and the Kotel. But the most amazing experience with Mimi was her knowledge of Jewish, Islamic and Christian history and her explanations about archaeology and religions, really amazing... she was more then perfect in it. But what makes her so unique is her knowledge about special places. She took us on the roof of the Austrian Hospice on the via dolorosa, with an unique panoramically view of the old city from inside!!!
In every Christian place her explanation was clear and excellent. She refers to the Bible without any problem and we learned so much more then when we visit by yourself!
Mimi is a must if you want your visit to remain a unforgettable experience...and special memories forever.
Thank you so much Mimi for this special day where you showed us Jerusalem through your eyes, with your amazing knowledge, heart and love.
next year I'll book you again for a visit to Akko, Haifa Nazareth and Sepphoris....

1  Thank MyriamAmoes
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I also looked for a few guides and decided on Mimi. Before I start I must say that getting a guide does add expense for this holiday but it is worth every penny. I was nervous, I wanted this a be a great trip as my husband had not been to Israel before. Even before we arrived she helped me with questions that had nothing to do with the tour she was doing with us. We started with a one day in Jerusalem. Mimi's knowledge and information are second to none and all questions are answered, however stupid they seem. She takes you where you need to go to get the most out of your visit. 3 days later she picked us up from our hotel for a 3 day trip to the north. I had some ideas of where I wanted to go as I had done my research but with Mimi she tells you whether it's worth going. Something you see on this website might seem like a good idea but it may not be worth it if you have to pack a lot in. Our weather was not kind to us and she had to change certain things, which she did without any fuss. You get friendly quickly as she is with you a lot during the day. She gives a lot of herself which makes it all the more fun.

Overall - do not hesitate in booking Mimi. Kind, thoughtful, knowledgeable, adaptable and a comfortable car!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Mimi is a fantastic guide. We were lucky that she had a last minute cancellation and crafted a custom itinerary on extremely short notice. Her knowledge of history, religions and cultures is truely incredible. After a few days with her, we feel like we have returned to college.

We now have a friend in Israel

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I spent two weeks touring the country with Mimi in November. I can't imagine having anyone better than Mimi as our guide. From the day we first talked with her, months before our trip (by email and skype), we knew we were in good hands. By the time we finally met her in Tel Aviv, we already felt like old friends. Mimi helped us plan our whole itineray, but she was also very flexible when plans changed or we wanted to add something, and she had great ideas when we weren't sure what to do. She is incredibly fun and easy to be with (we laughed a lot!) but also extremely knowledgable. We expecially liked the fact that she always gave us the "straight story", whether about Israeli politics, history, or dining and entertainment. Mimi went out of her way to make sure that our trip was in fact the trip of a life time. Thank you Mimi!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction