“Experience of a Lifetime with an Amazing Guide”
Review of See Israel - Tours

See Israel - Tours
Ranked #35 of 269 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Mimi Oppenheimer. I am a certified tour guide to Israel, carrying a license from the Israeli Ministry of Tourism. I enthusiastically practice private tour guides in Israel for more then 12 years in English and German.Please read more on my website.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I had the great pleasure of touring Israel with Mimi Oppenheimer in July 2012. We spent six days with Mimi visiting sites in Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Galilee, Golan Heights, and the Mediterranean Coast. She also arranged local guides for us in Bethlehem and Jericho. Mimi was very professional, punctual, and always accommodating. She is extremely knowledgeable and has a great passion for her job. Her recommendations for restaurants, activities, and sites were always excellent. Without a doubt, Mimi is the best tour guide we have ever had in our travels….Hi Mimi! We have already recommended you to all our family and friends.

4  Thank David P
in 3 reviews
"detailed knowledge"
"wonderful person"

Reviewed August 7, 2012

It was my first time to Israel last June 2012 and I simply loved every minute of it. Mimi is one of the best tour guides I ever had. She is extremely helpful and knowledgeable, making your trip a very funny and informative event.
Besides helping with the trip planning itself, Mimi really goes beyond the call of duty to make you feel safe, confortable and welcome. In that she scored big points with me, since I was a female travelling all by myself. Felt like I was visiting a friend. I am sure to be back to Israel and Mimi, next time with my husband.

1  Thank gabriela_varsano
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Absolutely top-notch! We had very limited time to tour and Mimi was exceptional, showing us exactly what we wanted to see, the Old City, Masada, The Dead Sea and more! It was my first trip to Israel but I was traveling with an older relative who had been there on at least three separate occasions. Even she remarked how surprised she was that Mimi had shown her sites she had never seen before! Being 2 women traveling alone we wanted a lady-guide who would be sensitive and attentive to our needs. She was that and more! Mimi was extremely professional and always had our needs in mind: getting lunch when we needed, making sure we had lots of water, minding the sun which is not an easy task in summer, and knowing where all the clean washrooms are located! We had a instant connection with her! It was like touring Israel with your best friend! We'll never forget our tour and we'll be booking her should we ever be fortunate enough to return to Eretz Israel.

3  Thank shapirofive
Reviewed July 2, 2012

From the first contact over email, Mimi was incredibly helpful, informative, and collaborative. I had 4 full days to see Israel with some aggressive demands, and Mimi did an excellent job of helping me to refine the plan in such a way that we would maximize our ability to see as much as possible in Israel. Mimi also asks you the right questions to get a sense for which sites may be of more or less interest to you, and will tailor or make real time changes to the trip. Every decision she makes is centered around improving the experience for her clients and maximizing time. The best part about touring with Mimi is that you get access to her encyclopedic knowledge of the country - you have the opportunity to learn about Israel's history, culture, politics, and people. I felt like I really learned what is was like to live in Israel, both today and 2500 years ago.

In 4 days, were were able to tour Old and New Jerusalem, Via Dolorosa, underground excavations along the Western Wall, Mount Olive, The Dead Sea, City of David excavations and tunnels, Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, Sea of Galilee, Golan & Golan Heights, Akko, Caesaria, Jaffa, and then catch some rays at the beach in Tel Aviv. It was an incredibly memorable trip, enhanced further by Mimi's warm personality and sense of humor. Four days was not enough to see Israel, so I will definitely call Mimi when I return. Thanks, Mimi!

2  Thank mooreviking