“Great casual meal”

Kadosh - Since 1967
Ranked #1 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An old restaurant/coffee bar, with the 2nd generation running the place.Very popular among the local Jerusalem people. fresh pastry/cake and gourme dishes from the home shef (who is also the owner).
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very nice cafe with a younger clientelle. Had a great meal here last night-hot salmon, potatoes and grilled tomatoes with a glass of arak over ice. I would have given them a five but the salad dressing was boring.

1  Thank Travelliz1999

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Yesterday, I was telling our son how, when I was a student, I would go to this wonderful little bakery on Shlomzion Street and get those white little cookies with a delicate anise flavour I loved so much. My son could not understand. Kadosh is a lovely restaurant he and his wife frequent, he said, and we planned to go there that evening.
It was fortunate that we made reservations. The place was full. We were seated soon, and the food was creative and delicious. All dairy. My Jerusalem artichoke and mushroom soup was refined and a pleasure to eat. My husband took a special of the day, home made ravioli filled with artichoke and accompanied with creme fraiche and truffles, our son took a dish recommended to him from the menu which he also enjoyed. I then decided I wanted a "root salad" because it sounded interesting. It was indeed interesting and delicious. Strips of roots, with salad greens and ripe chess and nuts. a perfect blend. We concluded with two desserts, yes, they do still bake good stuff! But not those cookies, alas. Our waitress was a girl who used to visit the place, and liked it so much, that after finishing her military duty, came back to work there ;-)

1  Thank yidonit
Reviewed January 23, 2013

the authentic atmosphere, the simple menu and the cozy filling in a small cafe.
It has some nice sandwiches and very good coffee. In the morning you will see there mainly Israelis drinking there morning cafe and reading newspapers.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Food is great when served hot ... so order one item at a time.
Very nice atmosphere for locals.
Expensive

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A lively small place in the center of Jerusalem. Always crowded, friendly and swift service. A must stop for a breakfast, a snack, a pastry, or even a full meal.