“The food is too simple and expensive”
Review of Mandarin

Mandarin
Ranked #578 of 727 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Use google genius! Restaurant does not have its own site.
Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is too simple and expensive”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

According to my experience last few times. I found the food of this resturant is too expensive as the food were too simple. We need take another food always outside immaditately for next meal after dine here as not full enough. (Because the resturant is fixed meal by tour)

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Wong B

• Hebrew first
Shenzhen, China
“Authentic China away from China”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I am Chinanian and Chinanians are picky about their food. I felt like I never left China when dining there. The food is better than some of the Chinanian restaurants in New York. The place isn't fancy but the price is reasonable and the location convenient. I recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Gourmet Cookings--Kosher Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

A unique place to have authentic Chinese dishes among the frequent visited restaurant in Jerusalem is the one you do not want to miss. The price is not so high in comparison to others considering that everything grows locally in Israel. Fresh produce, Kosher beef, matten, scaled fish, and poulltry are some of the ingredients that made up the delightful taste of the dinner. Like a home away from home for the travelers whose delight rests upon the skillful artisitic expressions of the Chefs in the kitchen is all you need to have Chinese at Home.

• Visited November 2011
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
“Authentic Chinese Cuisine”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed behind for four days in Jerusalem after a 2 weeks Jordan-Israel-Egypt tour in November 2011, and I am so glad I found this restaurant. After a disappointing dinner in a somewhat crowded restaurant in the Nahalat Shiva area and another in a Japanese restaurant, I wasn't expecting much in terms of Jerusalem cuisine when I entered this unassuming restaurant. But lo and behold, I could not be more mistaken! They were offering very delicious and authentic Chinese cuisine, arguably the most delicious food I have had in the whole trip, and at a reasonable price too.

The Hot and Sour soup came steaming hot, and was heavenly in taste. It was very delicious and there was a subtle savory taste to it in addition to its being hot and sour. It actually beats most of Hot and Sour Soup I've tasted in Hong Kong (where I came from). Then I ordered steamed Saint Peter's fish, it was very fresh and delicately cooked; I know that steamed fish is not for everyone, but if you like steamed fish you must try this here; it's not going to disappoint you. The second night I ordered mongolian fried beef (on a sizzling plate) and fried rice with beef, they both were of very high standards.

I did not order any chicken so I could not tell if it was tough as the other reviewer mentioned, and I definitely didn't have any stomach problems after the two meals I had like I read in the other review.

The only thing I regret is discovering this restaurant too late in my trip, so that I got only two days to explore its menu! It is definitely worth a visit, particularly if you are in Jerusalem and want to get a break from Middle Eastern food.

• Visited December 2011