“Authentic Chinese Cuisine”
Review of Mandarin

Mandarin
Ranked #570 of 706 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Description: Use google genius! Restaurant does not have its own site.
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
“Authentic Chinese Cuisine”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed behind for four days in Jerusalem after a 2 weeks Jordan-Israel-Egypt tour in November 2011, and I am so glad I found this restaurant. After a disappointing dinner in a somewhat crowded restaurant in the Nahalat Shiva area and another in a Japanese restaurant, I wasn't expecting much in terms of Jerusalem cuisine when I entered this unassuming restaurant. But lo and behold, I could not be more mistaken! They were offering very delicious and authentic Chinese cuisine, arguably the most delicious food I have had in the whole trip, and at a reasonable price too.

The Hot and Sour soup came steaming hot, and was heavenly in taste. It was very delicious and there was a subtle savory taste to it in addition to its being hot and sour. It actually beats most of Hot and Sour Soup I've tasted in Hong Kong (where I came from). Then I ordered steamed Saint Peter's fish, it was very fresh and delicately cooked; I know that steamed fish is not for everyone, but if you like steamed fish you must try this here; it's not going to disappoint you. The second night I ordered mongolian fried beef (on a sizzling plate) and fried rice with beef, they both were of very high standards.

I did not order any chicken so I could not tell if it was tough as the other reviewer mentioned, and I definitely didn't have any stomach problems after the two meals I had like I read in the other review.

The only thing I regret is discovering this restaurant too late in my trip, so that I got only two days to explore its menu! It is definitely worth a visit, particularly if you are in Jerusalem and want to get a break from Middle Eastern food.

• Visited December 2011