“Good food,poor service”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

my family and I revisited this Kosher Asian Restaurant in trendy Emek Rafaim, the restaurant is entered from the street , there is an eating area in the front and a large eating area in the conservatory at the rear, overlooking a very pretty garden area. The restaurant was busy with most tables taken with large groups. The service was very slow. We waited so long for our hors d'oeuvres that we called the manager over. He apologised and sent some greasy salad to our table to assuage our hunger. We had sushi starters which were delicious. The next course took so long to come, we again called over the manager, who promised us free desserts. The food when it came was very well cooked and tasty,but the poor service spoiled the evening. The free desserts incidentally were fabulous. The food is lovely, but the service or lack of , is a serious deterrent to returning. It should not be necessary to call over the manager twice to draw his attention to deficiencies in the restaurant.

1  Thank anna w

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Ill make this simple. I spent 2 weeks in Israel ate out every night at a different spot. This place hands down had the best food (for meat lovers). Amazing thai food, and sushi. The steak is also incredible

1  Thank nathan_first
Reviewed September 3, 2013

i spent an evening with my wife celebrating birthday. The place is clean, several types of sitting types (family, couples and with/without kids). we ordered noodles and different types of sushi, the quality is great. local beer (even brewed in Jerusalem !) is available. piano live music was awesome !

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Visited it for the first time quite by chance and fell in love with the sophisticated and well cooked dishes. Came again a short time later and got disappointed. The meal had nothing to do with what we had tried before and didn't taste good at all. I don't think we'll return.

1  Thank spoiledbtrat
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am very sorry to say that we had one of the most awful meals that we have had in ages. Where do I start? The hot and sour soup was comfortably the worst hot and sour soup that my husband has had. The Duck pot stickers stodgy pastry were soggy, even on the bottom where it was supposedly fried, the filling was a sausage like lump, did it really have duck in it?? The sauces with it were terrible, I have no idea what the greenish sauce was but it tasted of concentrated something. The chicken dish I ordered was supposed to have a green curry sauce with it and as soon as I saw the colour of it I suspected that it was not going to be good. It had a slight green curry taste but was easily the worst green curry I have ever had and I have had some bad versions. And there was no spice to it at all ..... Chilli is one of the main ingredients! The wham bam chicken on soggy potatoes was odd, not great either. The best part of the meal was the caramelised soy sauce that came with the above chicken dish, I mixed it with the delicious plain brown rice and threw the rest of the dishes in the bin. We ordered it as a delivery. I find it hard to believe that it would be much improved by eating it in the restaurant. What a waste of money!

1  Thank FussyChic