“Great Food - Loud”

Entrecote
Ranked #545 of 699 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli, Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great Food - Loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We've gone to Entrecot quite a number of times and the service and setting seem to be getting worse and worse. Because of its high Kashrus standards, Entrecote is pretty much the only place to go for ultra-Orthodox folk, so there are families and kids and couples everywhere. It's really noisy and the most un-romantic place to go. But great food:)

Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
Doha, Qatar
“This restaurant is a typical shady Israeli Scam Restauraunt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

It looks like someone ran out on the bill, and they decided to charge my card for tables that had nothing to do with me.
I disputed the charge including letting management know about the mistake, because I realized at the time they were charging me twice and he assured me this was not the case.
I realized the waiter kept running back with my card.
Then I get the bill a month later and see three charges for same date and time.
I disputed the charge for a duplicate charge, so instead of realizing their mistake they said no its for different amounts so its not duplicate, and they went and disputed my dispute, fighting me to maintain the 3 charges for the same date time and everything, and trying to get the money anyways, after it clear as day they made a mistake.
Why would I pay 3 times for 3 different tables?
None of the receipts have my signature, but instead of owning up to the obvious mistake they are still fighting the charge.

I know I will not have to pay for it since its clearly obvious the card was used to charge different tables and bills, but the fact that they would send in proof showing different receipts with different amounts and trying to maintain the charge was legitimate, even after at the time I went to the manager to complain and say "I think they are making a mistake" is a typical Israeli mentality of "let me screw the tourist" and try to slip one by and hope they wont notice.
Do not visit this restaurant!
The food is ok at best, and they try to sell you like its some sort of a used car dealership, and offering you "special prices" like its some sort of negotiation.
I expect to pay exactly what is on the menu, not have to haggle on my meal.

Stay away from this restaurant, its obvious they are run by hustlers, and not a professionally run establishment.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank l j
San Diego, California
“No value for money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were invited by friends to Entrecote. The first impression is you got into a funeral event, black runners and napkins on white tables looks pretty dreadful.
We also got a cold attitude from the staff. To the menu, the beer list is narrow, actually one beer. The wine list is also narrow, just one winery, and of a low quality and overpriced. If it was my call, I would have left at that point. Anyway we stayed; All the entrees are in the range of $30-$40, no cheaper options. Even if you plan to share a plate you still need to pay for the salads that served for the table, so that add up another $12 for anyone that just share a plate. Dishes were ok but without any inspiration, I could get much better quality for a $25 dish in San Diego, CA, where I live.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Keidar_R
Boston, Massachusetts
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great food, great service, and SOOO much to eat, we took home leftovers, which they gave us containers for! Make a reservation, because they are very popular.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank A N
Brooklyn, New York
“pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

ate there in 2010 food was great. you need to be willing to eat in a "family" style room. people with kids etc... but hey this is Israel. you want formal? stay home! :-) food was great portions large and staff very friendly. its not a budget place, but it is not meant to be. its a place to go for some great food in the center of Jerusalem. sit back and enjoy!

• Visited November 2012