“Great food! I mean it! Family restaurant with a delicious variety of dishes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gabriela

Gabriela
Ranked #466 of 699 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Down Town West Jerusalem
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great food! I mean it! Family restaurant with a delicious variety of dishes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I loved the red Tuna!
The owner gave us champagne and We danced Hava Nagila Hava on the way out. A Life momentum.

Visited March 2014

• Hebrew first
“Gabriel & Gabriela”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

These are twin kosher restaurants located side-by-side in Jerusalem pedestrian zone. Though a bit expensive both of them are of high quality and location is great. Try to sit outside, depending upon weather conditions. Evenings in Jerusalem might be cold, even in summer.

Visited October 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
“Delightful (Kosher) seafood along side typical Jerusalem/Israeli cousine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Gabriela is located in the heart of the old Nachlat-Shiva district - all full with restaurants, caffe's and beautiful art galleries. The restaurant itself provides comfortable seating with old-type decor. We had tried several of the fish dishes - and they were all excellent and original - combining basic good cooking of fish, with Israeli/Jerusalem style inspired dressings and tops. Wine selection was somewhat limited but still a good match to selection of dishes. Main courses were large and rich.
Overall - a very good experience

• Visited February 2014
Beit Shemesh, Israel
“Good food, lousy attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I made a reservation for a small group at Gabriela with a fixed price dinner. At the last minute, two members of our party cancelled and I explained this to our waitress as soon as we arrived. We had our meal, which consisted of a selection of first courses shared by everyone, and then individual main courses. The food was tasty and the setting pleasant. However, I was shocked when the bill arrived to discover that I had been charged for two meals that were never served. When I complained, the manger argued with me, stating that I had made reservations for more people. After a great deal of unpleasantness, he removed the extra main courses from the bill, but insisted that we had been served first courses for a larger party, and needed to pay for them. He then added that the tip which we had left was insufficient!
This was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had in a restaurant. I should add that I have had the experience of members of a group not showing up at the last minute in the past, and the restaurant has always responded by simply removing the extra place settings.
The manger might have made an extra 300 shekels, but he lost a lot of future business with his unpleasant attitude.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank janetgool
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Clean restaurant, efficient service, was there several times for breakfast, nothing special, however.

Visited March 2013