“Bad News all the way!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Givat Ram
Drogheda
“Bad News all the way!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

First of all, this is NOT the Focaccita any more - so be aware of that. It is now the Israel Grill. Our experiences of the Focaccita (which we last visited in August, 2012) were all excellent but there has been a change of ownership and the contrast could not be more marked. The attitude of the waitress was appalling and most impertinent and the food quality was no better. My dish gave me food poisoning but fortunately my wife, son and daughter were not affected as they didn't have the burger I chose. My wife asked for chicken liver and instead got dry chicken breast on a skewer. The waitress told my wife 'that's what you asked for.' My wife had asked for chicken liver. No replacement was offered. My son and my wife asked for baked potatoes which were supposed to be part of the meal but these were not available. So we asked for french fries as an alternative. But we had to pay for these even though baked potatoes were supposed to be included in the price. The chef was constantly rubbing his eyes as he was cooking and a staff member carrying containers of ready made salad up the stairs was picking his nose. The toilets were very dirty. After I became ill, my hotel were concerned and rang the manager who invited us back for a free meal. That may have been offered sincerely, but we graciously declined. I'm afraid there were just two many offputting factors for us to be able to consider returning.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank EvangelistDavid_12

New York City, New York
“Loved it ( great with kids )”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went there twice ( once on Friday night , you will need a reservation on Friday). Perfect family place, I found the portions large and the prices fine. The "other lettuce salad" was huge included fried balls of "feta like cheese" ). Food tasted great , the staff was so nice and of couse had no issues with English.

• Visited November 2012
Jerusalem, Israel
“Nice food, lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

This little restaurant located in the heart of the Jaffa street area, 10-mn walk from the Old City, serves Italian food reinterpreted for Israeli palates - lots of salads and different types of bread, including the Foccacia that so many Israelis like. There is no outdoor seating, but the nice, unpretentious atmopshere at night makes the place a good option for a meal, especially since the waiters and the bar(wo)men are lovely.

Visited March 2011