“Good food, lots of choices”
Review of Herzl

Herzl
Ranked #573 of 738 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.gojerusalem.com/discover/premium-item_11461/Herzl
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner at Herzl. Our first waitress was very helpful with some food allergy concerns. After she left, the service was a little slow, but we all had good dinners. The menu had a lot of variety, which offered many choices for our family of picky eaters.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This restaurant is now called In Joy Herzl. We have been in Israel for 2 weeks and this was our best meal so far. The sushi was excellent. We also had vegetarian pasta, steak and a chicken salad which we all enjoyed. The service was friendly and helpful although occasionally a bit slow. We would certainly return to eat here.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Service was slow as molasses, plus they forgot one of our dishes, so we had to wait even longer for that one. Steak was tough, tasteless and full of gristle. Potatoes were cold. Couscous was much too salty and otherwise tasteless. Pasta dish was inedible because of way too many onions.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I took my wife to Herzl for her 40th birthday. The prices were very very high and we waited a long time for our food. What we received were two very small portions that were ok at best. We left hungry after spending nearly 400 nis. The waitress never even brought us our drinks. The worst part was the end. I had a 10% coupon with me. The manager informed us that we can't use it because it's a holiday. I informed her that this is not indicated on the coupon nor on the website. She didn't care. What a disappointment Hertz was!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My extended family and I (we were 8 in total) went to Herzl last night and walked away (as the subject line says) very disappointed. I know it was a Thursday night (typically the most busy night for restaurants in Israel) and it was also Chanukkah (a lot of tourist business), but if you are an upscale restaurant, charging upscale prices, you need to properly prepare yourselves and live up to a certain standard.

Here were the issues:

1. While friendly, the service was very slow (i.e. it took a long time for us to get our food).
2. They got our orders wrong for both the appetizer and mains.
3. Our steaks and burgers were served to us cold (the price for each ranged from 65 shekel for the burger to 155 shekel ($45!) for the steak.
4. We presented them with a coupon and they did not want to accept it. They said it was not valid on holidays. We argued that nowhere on the coupon did it say that the coupon was not valid on holidays. It was only after an argument that they reluctantly accept it.

I don't think we'll be returning anytime soon...

1  Thank AviSch