“very simple, but very good.”
Review of Baba Israeli Kitchen - CLOSED

Baba Israeli Kitchen
Cuisines: Israeli
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hummus, and mor hummus...
Every time we want to eat, simple and tasteful we go to Baba. Fresh and soft made on place hummus with meat makes it very simple to choose again and again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I were wandering behind the King David, saw Herods tomb, the "new" windmill and decided to wander onto Emek to see what looked good. We kind of stumbled upon Baba. It's really more of a Hummus restaurant for lunch anyways; casual, equal in ambiance to a local pizza joint in the USA. I ordered the Hummus with Lamb, my wife was dying for a felafel so she got hummus with felafel on the side; not quite enough to satisfy her craving to get a pita full, with "salatim" but delicious nonetheless. Israeli lunches can be quite filling as many places still close midday and re-open at 4 or so....just right not too much and sure way more than not enough!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had heard about this restaurant so tried it...In Jerusalem, where there is so much quality hummus, it is a tough task to match the best. Here at Baba, it was the only course that was "ok". In contrast the falafel was tasteless and totally unacceptable; it had an odd odor (cooking oil is not something one takes a chance with). The sliced entricote was bland and lifeless, without pizazz, and the presentation less than appetizing (large grilled onion on a huge plate of fucacia). Worse of all, was the heavy feeling after the meal, something which generally is rare amongst the best Middle Eastern eateries. The blaring rock music didn't help my digestion either..... For the seasoned Israeli, I would say--try the hummus if you are hungry. For the tourist, I would avoid this establishment, and search for others....Better to find one of the many family style establishments in the Talpiot Industrial Zone (nearby).

1  Thank stevemusic
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Loved the veggie foccacia with tahini and grilled eggplant. My carnivore husband digged into the hummus with grilled pargiot(chicken). Reasonable prices and friendly staff. Book or chance an hour wait.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was recommended by our hotel - we wanted authentic Israeli - and it was so wonderful. We sat outside and enjoyed watching couples and families walk by as we ate. Will go again if we can.