“Naomi guided me to the Polenta & Nes Harim”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Happy Fish

Happy Fish
Ranked #27 of 699 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean, Israeli
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: HAPPY FISH is a Mediterranean inspired fish restaurant located in the heart of Mamilla Avenue HAPPY FISH is a Mediterranean inspired fish restaurant located in the heart of Mamilla Avenue. The stairs nestled within the shops leads to a beautiful terrace overlooking the magnificent Jerusalem landscape and the Mamilla Avenue. The restaurant provides a dining experience with authentic and local atmosphere, cheerful service and good music. The meal begins with a selection of small homemade meze and house bread. It continues with a selection of fresh fish dishes prepared according to the guests desire. Authentic desserts and a rich bar menu that includes wine, alcohol and soft drink is available. The restaurant offers an excellent combination of central location, fresh Mediterranean cuisine and fair prices.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Naomi guided me to the Polenta & Nes Harim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

After a long 24 hours of travel, canceled and delayed flights resulting in lost luggage, I checked into the Mamilla Hotel and my concerns evaporated as soon as I was seated at the Mamilla Café for a late evening meal. Naomi, a young woman who assisted me that evening as an almost concierge server, guided me toward the polenta & root vegetables appetizer, and a glass of Nes Harim wine from the Katlav winery,a mountain vineyard local to Jerusalem. More comforting than the smooth polenta with mushroom and touch of parmesan, and more relaxing than the wine, was Naomi's attention to a tired traveler needing to prepare for the next day's business. Without hovering, she was at my table to refill my water glass, offer a suggestion for shopping to replace clothes and, of course, to advise that the wine I loved is also available by the bottle. She managed other tables during my meal, but I honestly felt that I was her only customer that evening.

I left to join colleagues debating whether I should share my good fortune of service and menu to keep that small slice of Jerusalem to myself. My better angels won out and I encouraged my friends to make time to eat even one meal at our hotel.

The story of Naomi's influence was only beginning, I brought a bottle of the wine home with me.

• Visited January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
“Luxury terrace restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had lunch here twice during our stay in Jerusalem had a good time outside on the terrace even though it was not warm. You can get there through the luxureous Mamilla Hotel or the stairs from the Mamilla street. The Cafe is rather expensive and some of the dishes on the menu were not available. They menu is mainly vegetarian with some fish dishes (great anchovis pizza!).

• Visited December 2013
Israel
“A nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went to the cafe(restaurant) late at night. The atmosphere is very comfortable. Service and food were good.

• Visited November 2013
Dear minamanor,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and our team's service. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Jerusalem District, Israel
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Had the best time at mamilla cafe! Fresh food, lovely waitresses, everyone were so kind and helpful. Cant wait for the next time im there ;)

Dear Michamir,
thank you for your kind review of Mamilla café. It was our pleasure to welcome you and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our staff’s service and find it helpful.
it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our restaurant.

Kind regards,

Nili, Israel
“The spirit of the old-new Jerusalem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Mamilla Cafe is located at the heart of Jerusalem near the old city in a modern, sky open mall that combines the old with the new of this fascinating city.
On an open terrace, above the crowd and under the sky, we got a rich breakfast with an excellent service. The menu is generous, the service was attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed. With live Jazz music in the background, we spent a wonderful morning that was a great opening for the weekend.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DavCasir
Dear DavCasir,
thank you for taking the time to pen your review. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your staying at our restaurant. Our staff was delighted to read that you enjoyed our service, the food and our special Jazz show we have every Friday at noon.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.