“Modern/Gourmet/Kosher food”

Ranked #73 of 735 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: French, Middle Eastern
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chef Erez Mergi and Chef Marcos Gershkowitz invite you to a fine dining experience at the new Angelica restaurant. With over 10 years experience in the finest restaurants in Israel, including Angelica Chef's restaurant, the famous Grand Cafe, and now at the new Cafe de Paris, both chefs have mastered their trade and expanded their culinary offerings in both the restaurant and cafes. Combining the use of only the finest ingredients with their first-class cooking ingenuity, they have succeeded in creating a most unique and delightful menu, certain to satisfy even the most discerning palate. Focused on a seasonal rich source of local ingredients, Angelica offers a culinary experience that is as delightful as it is innovative. Prospering under the kosher culinary challenge, the Chefs have brought Jerusalem fine dining to a new level. The new recently-built Angelica restaurant is located at the luxurious King David's Crown residential project, one block from the King David Hotel. It is conveniently situated within walking distance of the Old City, Mamilla Mall, and the new railway station. Experience the finest. Experience Angelica.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were at Angelica's during the Passover holiday, yet the menu was extremely varied. The ingredients were fresh and flavorful, and included a few updated Jewish dishes - my husband indulged in a childhood favorite, Veal Brains, this time made with white roots cream, roasted tomatoes, cured lemon and fresh coriander. I can't give Angelica's an excellent rating because of 2 things: first, the kitchen didn't want to debone my whole roasted fish (at my request), and when they did, they left many bones in my fish (which came back with a "warning" via the waitress), and secondly, the sweet potato puree was saltier than anyone at our table could tolerate. I will say that the decor was beautiful and modern, and had a formal, romantic feeling.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a great restaurant if you want to splash out on a special occasion. Good food and service in very nice surroundings. Lunchtime menu is good quality price ratio. Evenings are more expensive but worth it!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I just returned from two weeks in Israel where we had several lovely dinners in fine restaurants, but this was the best. The decor is modern and inviting with comfortable seating and generous table spacing. The service was polite and professional and the food absolutely excellent. Fresh warm rolls were served as we studied the menu. We started with the hearts of romaine salad with chicken pastrami, which was delicious and large enough to easily share. For our main course, my wife had the seared chicken breast with polenta and I enjoyed the homemade papardelle with dried cherry raisins - it was exquisite. The wine list features a nice selection of Israeli wines. The Grill is very conveniently located within a block of both the King David and Dan Panorama hotels in Jerusalem.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Kosher food unfortunately isn't one of my favourites; so when one very late meal was taken close to my hotel, well, to say shocked would be an understatement. Food is sold on expectations, everyone knows how a piece of meat or fish and vegetable should be cooked; then presented and add ambience, getting these right and you've acheived a winning restaurant. So, we arrive after booking through our hotel to find the restaurant full of orthodox families enjoying an evening out. The waiting staff are young friendly and helpful. They have tasted the foods we are about to eat so making our decisions easier. So the deception... all the beef was served below medium and therefore pink inside and the creamy sauces without cream but various substitutes making you believe dairy products are involved. So look and taste not affected with your senses still being stimulated. The chef and the owner, a man I recognise from a previous life in London, arrive at our table to show their pride in their acheivements. They present free desserts and drink to promote their dishes and wow; more stimulation from an ice cream, chocolate fondant and a lemon meringue pie. Exceptional and kosher. Now I know what to expect from the kosher dining in London with no excuses. Well done.

1  Thank LaVeritae
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I've been to the old Angelica many times and have always enjoyed it, so when I went there for dinner with my wife the other night my expectations were very high. I'm happy to say that I wasn't disappointed. Here are some of the highlights from our experience:

1. We each had an appetizer, entree and dessert, and our rankings for each dish ranged from very good to excellent. I would note that the restaurant has its own pastry chef, and the difference really pays off!

2. The service was outstanding! The staff was attentive, but not overbearing. What I also liked was that you didn't just have one waiter. Whoever you flagged down would wait on you and not tell you that they will get your waiter to assist. There was also a sommelier, something you rarely see in Israel.

3. They sold nearly every bottle on their menu (a very nice selection) in half bottle size.

4. The ambiance in the new restaurant was tasteful and elegant (though in my opinion, if they had tablecloths on the tables it would have added an extra touch of elegance).

Bottom line, if you are looking for a special night out, this is one of the best restaurants Jerusalem (and all of Israel) has to offer.

2  Thank AviSch