“Here you see Israel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Machneyuda
Ranked #5 of 695 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Here you see Israel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you want to smeel herbs, see and try great fruits, drink very good coffee, see a very busy place, watch howTehina is produced and get a touc, taste and feel of israel, then this is the right place to go.

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
WashingtonDC
“Enjoyed the appetizers more than the main dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants I have tried so far. But I was more impressed with their appetizers than their main dishes. However, I was there in a big group and we had a set menu so I didn't get to chose what I wanted to eat. I will go back again when I can chose what I want to eat. I love their use of truffle oil in their dishes. The Polenta was amazing. The risotto with was also great. They also served a fish dish and a steak dish, which was okay.

• Visited August 2013
Netanya, Israel
“Great food - but far too noisy for a restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've been to Mahneyooda twice. The first time was a 7pm reservation which allowed my wife and I to enjoy a delicious meal in a fun atmosphere.

The second time was last night: we had 9:15pm reservations with some friends from abroad. The food was the same great food, unfortunately the music (an unfortunate mix of techno and gutter Middle-Eastern pop - which I guess they think is "fun") was turned up so loud that any table conversation was utterly pointless. If I was in a nightclub and only wanted to dance, perhaps I would have enjoyed the music at that volume. For a restaurant it is completely inappropriate. I may sound like an old "fuddy ruddy", I don't think I am. I think there is a time and a place for loud music, and a restaurant - no matter how cool they want to be - is not that place.

Again, I stress - the earlier session was NOT like this.

Avoid like the plague if you are sensitive to this kind of thing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jonathan R
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

While the food is excellent, it's the atmosphere that made this place so special. The staff, especially the guys behind the bar give a great vibe which makes the experience so special.

• Visited July 2013
israel
“moris restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I invited my family which came from the United States to visit the Holy City of Jerusalem after the wonderful day I decided to take them to eat at Morris restaurant. the food wasFresh delicious and most importantly not inexpensive. Although the place does not look pretty but the food fresh and the meat is tasty . i highly recommended this restaurant if you eat meat from cow/

• Visited May 2013