“If you want a detailed and thoroughly enjoyable Israel experience, Danny is your man.”
Review of Danny the Digger

Danny the Digger
Ranked #28 of 277 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed January 3, 2015

We are a Christian family of five from the United States. Danny gave us an outstanding tour of Jerusalem and Herodian. His archaeology background and knowledge of the Old and New Testament is impressive and his explanations brought the holy sites to life. Our three teenage children loved his tours.

2  Thank Planey03
"israeli culture"
"unique perspective"
"christian sites"

Reviewed January 2, 2015

With just 3 days for our first Israel trip (booked last-minute), my wife and I wanted to make the most of our short time there. We chose Danny because of his rich background: native-born, fluent in English, an Archeologist by training. He surpassed every expectation! He helped us craft an amazing three days -- Jerusalem, Jaffa, Caesarea, and the Galilee -- and tailored the experience to our particular interests. He also introduced us to local foods, gave us an appreciation for historical and contemporary issues in Israel, and even helped us get into hard-to-book hotels and restaurants. We are typically self-sufficient travelers and don't generally like guided tours, but Danny is different. We plan to return to Israel, and we can't imagine NOT seeing it with Danny! He moved at the pace we wanted, adjusted as our interests adjusted, and helped us cram more into 3 days than we had thought possible. We can recommend him unconditionally, and look forward to our next visit. (He also provided very comfortable transportation for us the whole time.)

Reviewed December 20, 2014

I reside in Israel and have used Danny in the past to guide friends or clients while they visit Israel . It is hard to improve on Danny and yet each time he is simply remarkable as he adjusts his tours to the group and their needs .
I am in awe of the man but please do not tell him I said so , shhhh

Reviewed December 17, 2014

Danny led our group on a three-hour tour of the Old City. He was probably the best tour guide I have had in my life, and I'm 68. He is an archeologist and an expert on the history and archeology of Jerusalem, including the history of the three major monotheistic religions. I've been studying Jewish history for decades and learned many things that I didn't know. The tour of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, with his explanations, of what we were seeing, were amazing. He delivers his explanations with sensitivity, charm and humor. You should hire him as a guide if it is at all possible.

1  Thank Peter_Shalen
See more reviews
Reviewed November 30, 2014 via mobile

Danny guided us through important cultural and historic sites in Jerusalem as well as Masada and the Dead Sea. He additionally arranged an excellent tour for us with others (Avraham and Galit) in Tel Aviv. His mastery of the history of this region is phenomenal and his passion for the subject material is infectious, thus engaging the attention of our tween-aged girls for hours longer than expected. He has a very extensive network of friends and professional colleagues so we had insider privileges at numerous sites. I highly recommend Danny and plan to tour with him again in the future.
Frank Levy, Des Moines, Iowa.

1  Thank FrankLevy67