“Jerusalem is not the same without touring it with Danny!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Danny the Digger
Ranked #17 of 217 Tours in Jerusalem
Amsterdam, Nederland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Jerusalem is not the same without touring it with Danny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

…...This long weekend it was Danny the Digger who walked us through the history of Jerusalem. An Israeli guide / archaeologist who also teaches at the university and whose information devoured by all the guides in training. He offers the most amazing tours. Beforehand I mailed with him about my needs and the routes he proposed. So I wanted to include Bethlehem, now in the Palestinian territories, to visit. See the suggested birthplace of Jesus, but an Israeli (Jewish) guide is not allowed to come there (anymore) since 2003, the year of the creation of the separate wall .
But do not worry, Danny arranged for that day a friendly, very positive and cheerful Christian Arab (a group that does not belong anywhere and has also been heavily outnumbered) guide who is allowed in Palestine as well as in Israel and everywhere in the surrounding countries.
It is a must to learn about the events in this country. Ideally would be to have a Muslim guide (not an extreme one) for one day as well, to hear all the stories from their angle.
Danny showed us a lot, the facts and the stories behind it all and leaves you entirely free to form an opinion on what you see. In addition to the tour of Old Jerusalem, he took us to the ruins and caves of Qumran, near addition to the Dead Sea. We were three of us blown out of our minds because we witnessed the exhumation of shards of pottery and a newly discovered ritual water basin of 100 BC.

In addition to the tours that we took with him, he made reservations for us to the trendy restaurants in the evening and during the day he took us to the delicious hummus and coffee shops….. (This is a part of my blogpost for my site: lifestyle2go.com)

Visited February 2014
1 Thank madelon6

• Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Well-rounded day ending with excellent hummus!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family and I highly recommend Danny. We wanted a tour guide for a Jerusalem day tour. Our interests were varied in terms of who wanted more in-depth historical data vs. more of a ‘cliffs note’ version of different sites. Danny managed to temper all of our interests (5 adults). He was appealing, interesting and friendly. As I had a car, he led us on a highlights tour on the edges of the city. Then, we walked for hours. We hit all of the sites we requested as well as enjoyed nice little insights such as the little place for a quick sit-down for fresh mint tea. At the end of the day, we were all hungry for a simple meal and wondered if he could recommend a good hummus place. We walked to a local hangout with delicious and inexpensive food – a good ending to a packed day.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lolarun2014
Fremont, California
“Amazing Artful Archaeologist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was my first trip to Israel and along with my co-workers we went for a tour of Jerusalem and of course Danny was our guide, Now I feel like I can guide someone -- that was the amount of facts and interesting things I learned. Danny can keep you entertained and give you the facts and tour like a movie. Highly recommend Danny.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Joe P
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I highly recommend Danny's tour of Jerusalem. Danny takes you back in time through the ages to the times of the Romans and the Crusader Knights.What I found particularly insightful was Danny's archaeological perspectives to validate and challenge conventional wisdom. A thoroughly inspiring, intellectual and spiritual experience. Many thanks, Stuart White

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Stuart_Karen_White
Los Angeles, California
“The 101th review!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was hoping to be the 100th review, but apparently Danny is too well liked and another satisfied customer stole that coveted spot from me.

Basically, Danny the Digger is a great tour guide. He as an ability to sense what your group wants to learn during your visit, and he serves to that. He also doubles as paparazzi and snaps great photos of your group during the tours that you will enjoy. If you want to enjoy your vacation and learn about Israel at the same time, hire Danny.

Visited December 2013