“Magnificent tour; excellent guide”
Review of Danny the Digger

Danny the Digger
Ranked #18 of 250 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed March 28, 2013

In our recent trip to Israel we had Danny give us his full-day tour of Jerusalem - with a focus on the old city. Our tour was incredible. The structure of the tour gave us all perspective of what we were looking at, what we were walking through, giving us both the historical and the religious significance to all 3 religions. Danny is clearly very well versed and very educated in the topics and the areas in which he guides and gives tours. The pace, the detail, the background, and the entire experience were all amazing. We will definitely be returning to touring other parts of Israel with Danny in the future should we ever come back to tour the land of Israel. Highly highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Danny the Digger

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I did not do a tour with danny, but emailed him for advise and consultation.
He could not have been more helpful and made some great recommends and ideas.
Not many people would take time out to help for no financial gain, but this guy did!!!!
Thanks Danny.

1  Thank Mrtynf
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We rarely hire guides, but in going to Jerusalem for the first time, my wife and I felt we wanted someone who not only could tell us about the history, but also inform us about the modern living city. Danny fully met expectations and was in addition very easy to get on with and went out of his way to help us when needed. This was not only for the tour itself but also in the prompt and patient communication beforehand when organising our schedule. I would heartily recommend Danny as your guide, whatever and wherever in Israel you wish to visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just returned from Israel where we got to spend three wonderful days with Danny. I said in my headline that he was terrific, but he is much more than that. He will treat you like a friend and will make it his personal responsibility to ensure your happiness and offer you the best experience possible.
Danny loves Israel and it comes across in his passionate explanations of archeology, history, storytelling, and his sense of humor. I can't imagine a better country than Israel to have an archeologist as your guide.
As an aside, I also asked Danny to secretly go to a jewelry store for me and pick up a beautiful ring for my wife which he carried with him for a week. Standing on top of Masada just above King Herod's tomb, he began to tell the story of King Herod's wealth and love of jewelry, as he slowly went into his bag to give me the ring to present to Joan. My wife was overjoyed, and Danny, my co-conspirator, went above and beyond what a guide should be expected to do.
Need I say more. If your going to Israel give Danny a call and the country will come alive for you.
Have fun and give Danny my regards.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just returned from a business trip to Israel and must say that the half day tour of Jerusalem with Danny was the highlight of this trip, if not almost any other trip, both business or pleasure.
The way that Danny tells the story of Jerusalem, from 1000's of years before the days of Christ right up to 20th century, has you hooked from the first moment.
Danny gives an unbiased account about how each race and religion has contributed to the history of Jerusalem.
You expect a guide to be knowledgable but Danny's knowledge unbelievable. We did the tour with several friends from Tel Aviv and even they were hanging on his every word.
I would recommend a tour with Danny to anyone planning to visit Israel. And if Jerusalem isn't your preference, he has many other tours to offer.