“Danny is terrific”

Ranked #26 of 270 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just returned from Israel where we got to spend three wonderful days with Danny. I said in my headline that he was terrific, but he is much more than that. He will treat you like a friend and will make it his personal responsibility to ensure your happiness and offer you the best experience possible.
Danny loves Israel and it comes across in his passionate explanations of archeology, history, storytelling, and his sense of humor. I can't imagine a better country than Israel to have an archeologist as your guide.
As an aside, I also asked Danny to secretly go to a jewelry store for me and pick up a beautiful ring for my wife which he carried with him for a week. Standing on top of Masada just above King Herod's tomb, he began to tell the story of King Herod's wealth and love of jewelry, as he slowly went into his bag to give me the ring to present to Joan. My wife was overjoyed, and Danny, my co-conspirator, went above and beyond what a guide should be expected to do.
Need I say more. If your going to Israel give Danny a call and the country will come alive for you.
Have fun and give Danny my regards.

All reviews
"israeli culture"
"unique perspective"
"current events"

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just returned from a business trip to Israel and must say that the half day tour of Jerusalem with Danny was the highlight of this trip, if not almost any other trip, both business or pleasure.
The way that Danny tells the story of Jerusalem, from 1000's of years before the days of Christ right up to 20th century, has you hooked from the first moment.
Danny gives an unbiased account about how each race and religion has contributed to the history of Jerusalem.
You expect a guide to be knowledgable but Danny's knowledge unbelievable. We did the tour with several friends from Tel Aviv and even they were hanging on his every word.
I would recommend a tour with Danny to anyone planning to visit Israel. And if Jerusalem isn't your preference, he has many other tours to offer.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Danny is a great resource when seeing the Holy Land. He has passion, experience and an in-depth archeological knowledge of the area. His knowledge allows him to fine-tune his tour to address your interests and whatever you are looking for (right down to finding the best shop to buy a roman coin for my daughter) he can happily help with. I look forward to seeing him again when I return.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We previously toured the Negev and Petra with Danny tracing the Nabatean Spice Route in 2009. It was an unforgettable trip, so we just had to tour Israel again with Danny.
This time we visited Tel Aviv/Jaffa, Ein Gedi/Masada, Herodion, and Jerusalem. Danny's in-depth knowledge and passion for archeology/culture/history brings these sites to life! He is very flexible and quite able to change plans on the fly. For example, he noticed that I was reading David Grossman's book on Samson called "Lion's Honey", so we popped down to the Elah valley/Eshtaol to see where Samson fought the Philistines as well as where David fought Goliath!! He gave a fantastic impromptu tour of the ancient ruins of Shaarayim, and then we had a great lunch at his friend's outdoor winery and restaurant, Sternbach winery. Danny knew great places to eat in Jerusalem, where we stopped at Mahane Yehuda (the restaurant, not the market), and popped into his friend's photography shop in the Old CIty in the Christian Quarter. Fantastic old photos of pre-state Israel from the 1920's and 1930's!
In addition to his great knowledge of history/archeology and restaurants, Danny also knows artists and jewelry! We visited some great art galleries in Tel Aviv, and jewelers in Jaffa and Jerusalem, where we saw some unique, one-of-a-kind pieces!
In summary, this was another fantastic trip to Israel, made unforgettable by Danny. We are already planning where to go with him for our next trip to Israel!! Do yourself a favor and set up a tour with Danny, you won't be sorry!

1  Thank Robert F