“A PERFECT POINT OF VIEW”
Review of Danny the Digger

Danny the Digger
Ranked #20 of 255 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I spent the entire day today touring Jerusalem with Danny and we had one of the most educational, enlightening experiences of our lives. Danny simply could not have been move informative, giving the empirical history as well as the "tradition" of locations holy to Christians, Jews and Muslims. He knew every back street, back alley, secret stairwell and best way to experience exactly what was important to us. It also seemed like he knows all of the people important to know in the Old City. Officials and vendors alike know Danny and treat him with a great deal of respect. You will not find a better tour guide for your trip to Jerusalem.

1  Thank alan d

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I came to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for a trip this past summer. We are a group with a mixed background, aged 12-77, with varying knowledge of Hebrew, from pretty good to none. We hired Danny to tour with us for several days. The arrangements were smoothly handled in advance via email. Danny's advice on itinerary was spot-on, and we spent our time visiting both secular and religious spots. Danny was also able to think on his feet; when it was too hot to go through the planned agenda, we went instead to a zipline which ended up being one of the highlights for the kids. Danny's has a knack for storytelling, and one of the best things about his guiding style is that he can personalize it by bringing in tales from his own family's experiences. Danny's passion is clearly archeology, and he makes this history come alive in way that kind of makes you want to become one yourself. The other thing to mention is that the transport Danny arranged was top-notch and very comfortable for our group of 8.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had a wonderful day to Nazareth and around the Sea of Galilee with Danny. I was a single traveler on a business trip, and sometimes one-on-one interactions with private guides can be awkward. Danny was great: wonderful, laid-back, with great knowledge of the country, the economics, the politics, everything really -- and was definitely very well-informed about archaeology. I learned a lot in just one day. I felt he scheduled everything well, and was very attuned to how much information I wanted to know about each site. I highly recommend Danny. You should check out his website, which has lots of information.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Danny is passionate about archeology and Israel, a great combination. He is patient with questions, able to answer them all. He knows the head archeologist at many sites (has worked with some of them). One of the other guides who was standing nearby at the City of David told me "Danny is the best there is."

What more do you need to hear?

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Danny, we owe you this!. My husband and I went to Jerusalem last year in November 2011. We contacted Danny who tailored our plans to see the main religious/historic sites we were most interested in, he didn't try to force his own itenerary but patiently and respectfully took us to what it was most importatnt to us. I still have vivid memories of all the places not just because the sights were meaningful to my failth but because Danny had all the historic background and information related to each place. Danny's knowledge of every historic fact transported us to the time and the era when that happened. As a person who values history I feel that it was a pleasant ride back to the most important times in history with his accurate decription based on archeology and biblical roots. We enjoyed those 3 days so much that they felt too short and by the end of the third day we felt like we knew Danny for ever. Ah! also he recommended the best hotel that we could move to since he realized that we were not very happy with our previous accomodations.
Danny thank you so much for everythin and All the best for you! I usually don't take the time to write reviews but you deserve all my time.
Caroline and Mark ( November 7 -8-9 2011) from Boston USA