“Be prepared to be late and for chaos”

United Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #100 of 238 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Our large fleet of modern, air-conditioned buses, expert drivers and experienced, licensed multilingual guides, are at your service to show you the country in the most comfortable and interesting way possible and in order to provide you with a memorable and enjoyable experience. Our friendly representatives will assist you in planning and reserving your tours. Allow us at UNITED-TOURS to help you experience Israel in all of its facets!
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Be prepared to be late and for chaos”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I booked 3 tours with United tours. The first one was to Haifa and the North. They picked us up at our hotel on the wrong bus because they had us down for Jerusalem, instead of Tel Aviv. I double checked my confirmation statement and I did put down Tel Aviv. We then were dropped off in the middle of tel aviv at train station and told to wait for our bus. I asked for more information and was told to "Relax, your in Israel". We then waited with no one telling us what was going on for an hour. Then a tour guide came over and said that the bus was coming in 10 minutes (and said the same thing 10 minutes later for about an hour). At this point we were ready to leave but the bus finally came and it began to rain so we had to see all the sites in a rain storm that we would of missed if they were on time. We rushed through our tour and then had to have lunch at a gas station. I let the company know what happened and they had no reply. The next day we had a tour to Jerusalem and after waiting an hour we decdided to go on our own. The last tour was to Masada and the Dead Sea and that tour ran pretty smooth although they were 25 minutes late picking us up and also had to transfer us.............just be prepared for some chaso. Ben Gurion tours seemed much more organized

Visited January 2011
5 Thank gofar68

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Went on both the Masada Dead Sea Tour and the Galilee/Nazareth/Capernaum”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

The Masada Tour I would recommend but there were a few problems. They told us to meet at the American Colony hotel at 8:45 and they didn't show up until almost 10am. This happened on both of the tours we took and it sounds like it happens a lot. It was a big problem and it made a lot of people mad and United didn't really seem to care too much. I blame it on poor organization.

Our first tour guide was nice but he seemed rushed the whole time. He tried to do the guide in both English and Spanish which meant him speaking really fast in English and then saying the same thing in Spanish. This was kind of frustrating.

Masada was a cool place and it was fun to visit.
The dead sea part of interesting. They say they are going to take you to a dead sea spa and it is a spa but I would say it is pretty low class spa so don't get your expectations up. Floating in the dead sea was a lot of fun though and I'm glad we made the effort to do it.

Galilee Tour
We were picked up two hours late for this tour and then we had to drive to Tel Aviv to meet the rest of the group. Again a lot of people were mad but United didn't seem to care much. I thought it was funny. Our first stop after Tel Aviv was a tourist shop where we could supposedly use the bathrooms while we paid a lot of money for crappy stuff. My only real complaint about this tour was that my expectations in visiting some of these sights was to "experience" the sights and not just have a quick overview of what supposedly happen here. Our tour guide was Jewish and was very nice but he told us he took a class about becoming a tour guide and that was it. You could tell when we visited the sites he didn't know than what I could read out of one paragraph from a tourist book. My recommendation if I went again would be to go with a tour guide who is your same religion so you catch some of the spirit of the places and not just a bad overview of the supposed history.

2 Thank dubbs2k2
Boca Raton, FL (USA)
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“UNITED TOURS - Jerusalem Old and New (1) day tour”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

While on a (1) day tour of the Old City which included Mount Zion, the Cardo, Via Dolorosa (The Stations of the Cross), the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Western Wall and Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, the tour guide "accidentally" left me in the courtyard of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. I was waiting at the appointed time and place and she left without me. When I contacted United Tours they told me to walk to the Jaffa Gate, a very long walk, where I was to meet the guide. I was a woman alone and expected to find the Jaffa Gate. I was very upset and scared and a gracious man who is friends of the "gatekeeper" took me by the hand and delivered me to the Jaffa gate where the tour guide was waiting. Because she left me and she had to come back for me, we had a very short amount of time in Yad Vashem. You would think we were a large group but we weren't, maybe we were 15 people altogether. Later when my friend (an Israeli) called the tour company to complain, they were VERY rude and hung up on her. This incident should never have happened and the tour company should have taken responsibility for how it unfolded. I WOULD NEVER USE "UNITED TOURS" AGAIN! AND, I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE VISITING ISRAEL.

6 Thank Alana3347