“Very Happy I took the tour”

United Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #98 of 224 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Our large fleet of modern, air-conditioned buses, expert drivers and experienced, licensed multilingual guides, are at your service to show you the country in the most comfortable and interesting way possible and in order to provide you with a memorable and enjoyable experience. Our friendly representatives will assist you in planning and reserving your tours. Allow us at UNITED-TOURS to help you experience Israel in all of its facets!
La Vergne, Tennessee, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very Happy I took the tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I had read other reviews of United tours on Tripadvisor.com and was not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised at every turn of this tour. Our tour was actually waiting for us to arrive when we got to the Tel Aviv bus depot( We are staying in Haifa and they didn't offer hotel pick up for Jerusalem). we got on the bus and was greeted by Normand our tour leader. THen off to Jerusalem with Normand talking about the lands between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem as well as some of the more recent history of the area. We had the standard panaramic view of the city from the Mt. of Olives then moved to the old city. I am very glad we took the tour for the old city. The Jewish and Christian areas were OK to navigate, but the Arab area was very crowded and easy to get turned around in. Our guide got us through fairly quickly and with out incident. We had time after lunch to see two extra sights that were not on the original tour that were very nice. All in all it was worth the price for the guided tour.

Visited April 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Having read several of the reviews on here I was dreading it. However the coach pulled up at the correct time of 7.15am. Very prompt ! We were the only family on the whole coach from tel aviv until Jerusalem. the tour guide tamar was very good. The tour was Spanish / English and she was great with everyone.

We had a couple of hours at the dead sea - I would reiterate that you should bring your own packed lunch - cheaper and saves time so you can enjoy the dead sea. And bring flip flops That you can wear IN the dead sea as the bottom if the sea is v uncomfortable!!!

We deliberated For a long time whether to book with united or guided tours Israel
Or a private driver. I have no regrets at all about booking this tour with united. A v enjoyable and stress free day!

3 Thank donznimes
Singapore, Singapore
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 226 helpful votes
“It's really different from the reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I was quite skeptical about the constant bad reviews on United Tours in TA, but due to lack of choice and time, i had to book a Masada / Dead sea tour with United Tours, and had already lower my expectations. On the actual day, the guide - Sylvia was FABULOUS.

She was very knowledgeable, never rushing, and always ensuring that everyone was there and not left out. Always giving good tips/advice on what to do etc.

The bus came from Tel Aviv, and was half an hours late, but it did not worry me, as i was already prepared. Maybe the company should stagger the pick up timing instead of a standard 845 timing, as they have to pick up MANY tourists from various hotel, thus the many complaints that it is always late.
Anyway i was lucky that my tour has about 17 tourists sitting in a BIG bus. Thankfully since it's a small group, it's easier to manage. Not much waiting time lost for this or that person. Compared to the those 40 plus pax group, we were able to reach masada and dead sea early, before the crowd came in.

At the dead sea resort, it was quite silly that i have to fork out 10 NIS for the towels. Afterall shouldn't it be included in the tour fees, since locker keys are already provided. Lunch was on your own though. Not much option, just a cafeteria at the resort.
Do bring your own slippers to the dead sea, as the salt crystals are just too sharp to walk on barefooted

Overall very insightive trip. I would recommend the guide Sylvia, as for the company wise... i leave it to u

Visited January 2012
3 Thank EdwinLau
New York City, New York
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“I wasn't going to use United Tours because of bad reviews, but.............”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised. Only BIG complaint is that I had to wait one hour! to be picked up in a hotel lobby. Hotel receptionist called and they said they were on their way, without an explanation as to if it was going to be 10 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour!!! I could have had a cup of coffee while I was waiting! They need to be more organized and not tell everyone the same pickup time. But the trip turned out to be very interesting. The tour guide was very informative and pleasant. I believe also that the group of people added to the good nature of the trip. The tour was conducted in English and German and I do believe that the guide might of had a bit of a leaning towards the German tourists, but that is only because he is German descent. I do think he was trying to be equal with all. The lunch was extra, but at a typical Arab restaurant with good, inexpensive food. And the places we visited were really worth it. Caesarea with Roman and Crusader ruins, Haifa and the panoramic view of Bahai Gardens, the Old city of Acre a town built by the Crusaders - a medieval marvel that takes you back in time, and Rosh Hanikra to the see the grottos - right by the Lebanese border. It was really worth the trip!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank JMINYC
St. Petersburg, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“United tours, a killjoy, totally unacceptable.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

I went on a day trip to Haifa and the north from Tel Aviv with this company. I don't go on this kind of organized trips very often, and UT proved to me that maybe I shouldn't do it ever again. Well, it wasn't that horrible, but for the money they charge (89 bucks) you expect something more friendly and professional. Liat, our tour guide, aside from just telling us about the sights had to take care of all organizational issues, and that apparently was something she didn't like at all and she felt free to let it out onto the group. She seemed just to want to get done with this asap and go home, so she yelled when some ladie from the group spent a bit more time at the souvenir shop, and then acted very irritated. Everything was so hectic and kind of disorganized. We didn't get to spend enough time at any of our destinations and felt pressed all the time. Anyways, I had a great time thanks to the fellow tourists, but otherwise this was a waste of money. One may find cheaper tours with really dedicated tour guides provided by small Russian companies based pretty much all over the country (the bad thing is that they are mostly advertized only in Russian newspapers although may provide tours in Hebrew and English as well).

Visited June 2011