Abraham Hostel Jerusalem
$553
$498
Waldorf Astoria
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$137
$562
$521
Agoda.com
2,232 results
All reviewsprivate roomtravel desktour deskcommon rooma great place to meetold citydavidka squareshabbat dinnerbed dormfree tourhummuswest bankfree breakfastdead seaplace to stayhot watercommon areas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place was great. The room was large (we opted for private) and had a nice fridge to put food in and it was a 20 minute walk or so to Old Jerusalem. The tours were top notch. Only complaint is the party/BBQ where they made us pay 35 bucks for a buffet where we had to pay extra if we wanted seconds. Other than that, all good and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

There was a "hang out" lounge/bar rooms were simple, bunked, and bathroom. nothing special. a little farther of a walk into town, I stayed here one night wasn't that impressed and not the best area. For a little more money I would recommend the YMCA, it's much better/safer location, along with a nice included breakfast and gym ad wifi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Megan B
Reviewed October 10, 2013

That was by far, my best experience, when I arrive in Jerusalem I checked some other places before I end it on Abraham, close to everything the old city, the new city, the bus terminal, just a walking distance....the service it's great, with breakfast included, really nice famous free, nice people who help you and explain on how to go places....great time there, and for sure, I will return.....

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on second or third floor, because on lower level, every day the trash truck come to pick at 5am and make a lot of noise for about 10 minutes or less..and by midnite people either way from the hotel or other parties talk to loud till late nite...so it's better to ask for a room above....and rest nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hostel is excellent. Great location, friendly staff, a wonderful atmosphere - and really offers something a little different.

To begin: the hostel bar, which has an amazing selection of beers, wines and cocktails - and generous Happy Hour/s prices. As a Kiwi, I'm very particular about my wine - but the Israeli reds they had included in their Happy Hour offer were some of the best I've tasted. And their hummus (available as a bar snack/meal) is probably the tastiest I had in Israel! It's a very sociable place and I met a lot of new friends - more so than even at "party" hostels I've stayed in. They have pool tables, sofas, and even hammocks to laze about in - in addition to the regular bar stools.

The rooms are fairly standard for hostel dorms but include a fridge which is a real bonus.

A real highlight of my stay here was the traditional Friday night "shabbat" communal dinner. Very cheap, and some of the most amazing food I've ever eaten. I'm vegan, and I could eat all but one of the dishes - I was in heaven. I really enjoyed joining with others to help the chef prepare the food etc. The lighting of the candles, partaking in the wine and hearing the traditional prayers is an experience I will never forget. That night there was also the option of attending a rooftop party hosted at one of the staff's homes. These guys always have something going on!

I also went on the Abraham day tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and the Dead Sea - again, highly reccommended, and a real highlight of my trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Globetrotter_Charly
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at Abraham Hostel with my friends. We really enjoyed the Hostel. We met other travelers from many countries (we shared, tasted food etc. with them) in the open plan ktichen.dining room/lounge bar. It's a big place where everyone could stay friendly. The rest room was very hepful for me when I needed to spend time quietly. Very good Wifi. The staff was hepful and kind. The room was cleaned every day. Good time in the Toproof.
Abraham Hostels is well located : a 20 mn walk from the old city, 15 mn from the bus station, the Tramway is near and the Market too. My friends and me are very satisfied. Next time at Abraham Hostel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less unit noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends