“Its just worth it”

Kampen, The Netherlands
“Its just worth it”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Good Price/ quality.
Friendly people and many contact possibility's.
There is a market close to the hostel.
You can go by tram to the old city or to yadVashem.

There is enough space for meeting or to be on your own.
And i liked the washing room .

And the rooftop has a very nice view , if the weather is ok.

And last but not least , very central, in the centre of this world!

Tip, go and see it for yourself.

Room Tip: There is no swimmingpool, or you should go outside in the fountain ( which is forbidden)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

A friend and I stayed in the Abraham Hostel 6 bed female dorm for 2 nights while in Jerusalem. We were wowed by the size of the hostel! It occupies three whole floors of the building! Staff was friendly and helpful. Location is central. Bedrooms and (plentiful) common rooms were clean and bright looking. There was a good vibe and feeling of community among the travelers. There was a large age range among the travelers, as there were also older couples and families staying there. We went to a fun concert/party hosted by the hostel. They also offered us a secure place to store our luggage on our last day in Jerusalem even though we'd already checked out of the hostel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nyköping
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The main reason for a hostel night is to sleep. If you can´t because of the bed, it´s bad. Why are both beds in the private room bad, when they were excellent in the 10-bed dorm in September?
The noise from the street didn´t make it better.

Room Tip: A picture on the wall would light up the room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Valentin98
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Abraham was recommended to me, so I gave it a try. Coincidentally, a couple that I shared a taxi with were also staying there. The community room has nice atmosphere, has billard table, foosball table, bar, long dining table, TV room, etc. Washing machines nearby on same floor. Mixed age group, from young to older. Sleeping area is very basic, but seems clean. Each room has a bathroom and lockers (need to bring your own lock). It was a last minute trip for me, so I only stayed one night. Breakfast very basic with bread, nutella spread, fresh tomatoes, powder coffee. Need to pay extra for regular coffee. More expensive compared to other hostels in Old City, but the Abraham is big and clean, somewhat like a college dorm, in a good way. The bright decorations in common areas make the place look cheerful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Warrington,England
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Abraham Hostel was without doubt the best hostel we have ever stayed at in all our years of travelling. The place is welcoming from the moment you enter and you just get such a good vibe. My wife, daughter and I stayed 5 nights in a private triple room and were extremely comfortable.

The common room is an excellent travellers meeting point and also a great place just to chill out and relax. There are travellers of all ages so you never feel too old like in some other hostels.

The breakfast was simple but excellent with cereals, bread, yoghurt etc to keep you going.

The location is also very good just 10 minutes walk to Jaffa gate, just around the corner from the tram stop and 1 minute to the market place which was our favourite place to go to each night, to get ingredients for our evening meal.

The bar to socialise in the evening is a bonus with a happy hour from 6-8pm each night.

Watch out for the kitchen closing early on two different nights each week Shabbat and live music night.

Cannot recommend enough, we would go back tomorrow!

Room Tip: Make sure that you sign up for the Shabbat communal meal and get stuck in to helping prepare the foo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Crofter
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2013

After reading all the great reviews, I booked four nights here, but I was still somewhat uneasy, thinking it was geared to the much younger crowd. I arrived at 5:00 AM due to my wee-early morning flight and knew that the check-in wasn't until 2 PM, but what can you do when your flight is so early?

They told me to put my backpack in their stowed luggage room and that I can rest upstairs in the common area. I was dead tired on my feet, after two red-eye flights and a thirteen hour layover in Amsterdam, which meant I had only a few hours of sleep in a two-day time period.

I went upstairs and found a pair of bunkbeds situated in their common area and crashed for almost two hours on the bottom bed. At 7 AM, breakfast was being served, I enjoyed the hearty meal and set out bright and early to explore the Old City before the crowds hit, which coincidentally, it was Good Friday/Passover/Shabbat.

Friday evening, I had signed up to help with the Shabbat dinner. By 4 PM, the jet lag hit me immensely and I started regretting that I signed up, since all I wanted to do was take a very, very long nap. Preparations for Shabbat dinner was simply amazing and I soon forgot my extreme fatigue. A very large group of us, of all ages; sliced, diced, peeled and pared all kinds of vegetables, some that we had never seen before, amidst a sea of lively conversation. The blessing for the wine, the song and the explanation for those of us who didn't speak Hebrew was quite fascinating, the food was divine and served buffet-style. It was one of the highlights of my entire trip.

I had a private room on the third floor which was very nice, comfortable and incredibly quiet. I had arranged two day tours online before I got there and really enjoyed the ease and fluidness of how the tours were operated. The staff was extremely helpful, the young lady at the front desk calmed my fears when late at night I realized I needed a two plug adapter for my tablet, which she quickly produced for a mere ten shekels.

I loved Abraham Hostel! I will definitely stay here again, when I go back to Israel. 110% satisfaction! Guaranteed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank stormbird
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I liked this hostel very much. It's clean. The staff is very nice. The breakast is in nice atmosphere. And the place of thehostel is perfect - just on the Jaffa Street, 15min walk from the Old City. The prices are as well ok. Each room has bathroom.

Room Tip: Me and my friend chose the female 6 people room and it was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends