“Good food, good location. Other guests were a bit on the rough end...”
Review of canela - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London
“Good food, good location. Other guests were a bit on the rough end...”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I really enjoyed our meal here. The food was excellent, as was the service. The clientelle were a bit 'rough around the edges' if I can say that. Lots of loud russians and some politicians. The first night we tried to get in there, I think Natanyahu's limousine was outside, so we went elsewhere. But we returned the next night and had a great meal. I understand the owner is involved in politics, and is of Russian origin.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank dYquem

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Food and service was nice but out of price - not great value”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I chose Canela for my grandmother's birthday- I was hoping to get a real culinary experience but I have to say I was just a tad disappointed.
We had a mini 2-bite size foie gras as a starter that cost us 55 shekels and with half a bottle of wine, it came out to almost 600 shekels for three of us, not including service.
Bread was 18 shekels (usually free in this type of place)
Ambiance was nice, food was fine, I enjoyed it, it was tasty (we had the oso buco for 149, the hamburger for 79 and the chicken in coco and mango for 89- all were tasty)
It was just overpriced.

• Visited April 2012
Jerusalem, Israel
“My dream came true.....”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I went to the Canela Restaurant with my familly it was perfect!!!!!!!!!
The taste of the food was fantastic, the service was so great
They gave us the feeling that we are kings....
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

• Visited February 2012
“Chique atmosphere, good food!”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Eventhough there were large groups present, the staff still managed a fast and friendly service. The food, both for me and partner, was a welcome suprise after a few less succesfull dining experiences in jerusalem. The atmosphere is chique but a bit undecided between italian enotheca, french restaurant and chinese eathouse. The prices are ok but it is not exactly budget.

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Delicious food, good service”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We had the home salad, a hamburger and the warm pear for desert. All dishes were delicious, the girl serving us sweet and attentive. Pricey option but definitely worth it!