“Not the best choice for a birthday dinner”
Review of The Colony

The Colony
Ranked #147 of 733 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Attention - This Is Not The American Colony Hotel Restaurant! A Different Place.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We selected The Colony because of its location at First Rail Station area, but the food was unremarkable and atmosphere mediocre. The staff seemed to be more attentive to a large Italian party and although they provided sparking wine for the birthday, the service overall was not great.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Last month I visited the Colony on a Thursday night. It is an restaurant, wine bar style of operation with plenty of areas for dining, simply seating at the bar and lounges to relax and enjoy that bottle of wine. We sat at the bar and enjoyed a few drinks and cocktails. The cocktails were good and not to be complained about. Staff were knowledgeable and went out of their way to make combinations for us. Food ordered at the bar was good and enjoyable.
They had a band, which played local music. It was enjoyed by all. They encouraged a couple of young ladies to come up and sing. Vow! they had talent and they enjoyed themselves. So did we. Sang, danced and party'd the night away.
It was a good night out, wrapped up well in Music, food, drinks, singing, dancing and laughter. I noticed it was not only me who enjoyed it, but others young and old sang and hummed to the music.
The bar staff were excellent, and poured us cocktails on the house. The place is so enjoyable. I will go there again and again...
I dont speak a word of Hebrew but enjoyed it very very much and felt the hospitality. Well done to the staff and management of the Colony. I always thought I would go to Jerusalem to pray, not to have a good time. How wrong was I.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Colony is a popular place near the First Station.
We were shunted into a big conservatory type place on the side. A little big & even draughty but OK as it seemed a bit noisy inside.
We enjoyed what we ate and the service was adequate.
But there are better places in the same district and prices at the Colony seemed higher!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I've now been here twice and not been disappointed if not wowed with the experience. The food is good if not great, and the service is not bad (which sometimes is as good as you can hope for in Israel). I like the location, and the decor of the restaurant is nice. Solid if a little bland. When they have live music it definitely makes it a cool vibe.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Colony is situated in the German colony in Jerusalem.
The atmosphere is good. I liked the music. The music was from 1950-1990, but it was in the background. We were not bothered by high and noisy music.

The service at the Colony is superior. Waiters know what to recommend, they are fast, and they are always smiling.

After we had eaten on my brother’s birthday, a waiter came and asked if we liked whisky. We do like whisky, and he returned with three glasses. My brother, I and the waiter had one glass of good whisky on the house.

The Colony is the best restaurant I have visited in Jerusalem.