“Impressive local wines” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Colony
Ranked #122 of 695 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Pub, Israeli
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: attention - this is not the american colony hotel restaurant! a different place.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Impressive local wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Colony is a modern, easy living and relaxed restaurant with great food and an impressive wine list.

It's non-kosher (you CAN get cheese in your burger) and open on friday and saturday nights as well.

My wife had "the best steak I've had for a long time" of their entrecôte and an above average burger (was there twice)

I had a magnificent beef stew (and plenty of it) and lamb kebabs which were well seasoned and very juicy.

Their selection of Israeli "boutique" wines is very good (I'll recommend the Pelter Trio as a bargain to anyone).
The waitors were polite and answered the questions we had without pressing anything.

I love this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone!
It's a bit difficult to find - but it's well worth it!

Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
“disappointement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The service was sluggish, we had to remind the waiter three times about our request.
The food was less than average and served cold, the fish of the day was not even from yesterday.
The toilette was dirty, the place was noisy and unpleasent.
We had to apologies before our guest that came from abroad.
We will not go there again.

• Visited April 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

very good dish of fish and chips, routs vegetables salad not bad also
took some beer with dishes but impresed alot from the waiter knowledge about wine.

• Visited April 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Beautiful place, bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I live close to the Colony and I often go there as I used to like its food and the nice atmosphere, but in the last months I have experienced a deterioration in food quality that lead me to think I will never eat again there. Meals arrive to your table in 5 minutes, meaning they are all pre-cooked and always cold. In the past 5 months I have never received a hot meal, never. When I complained they told me they wanted to serve us all together but all the dishes were cold and it was the same when I went only with my partner and we were 2 at the table. I always have fish there but it gets to my table cold and with no taste. I changed dish then, and same thing, I had the impression I was in a fast food.
Fortunately they still have good desserts ( the dessert takes more time to get to your table than a meal..it makes me worried!) , so I suggest to go there for drinks and desserts and for the nice atmosphere but don't eat! You will spend money for the same meal you can get in a Mc Donalds or Burger King. Dear Colony, if you want to continue with this food, decrease the prices! Yesterday we were 6 at the table and no one got a decent meal and each one paid 200 NIS! Thieves! tips: beef fillet: cold and hard, fish: cold, poulet with coconut milk: do it at home and it will be tastier; shnitzel: frozen; duck leg, not available; beef carpaccio, immersed in oil. Baked potatoes: you can eat stones, they are cheaper and less dry.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank indiacol
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere and great staff, will be back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place and glad I checked out trip advisor rather than make a decision myself on a dodgy restaurant guide!

Excellent experience with friendly and helpful staff, was able to take my time and enjoyed the Chicken Liver Ravioli as a starter, few Sam Adams beers and decided I was hungry enough for a main so took the recommendations here on the mozzarella stuffed chicken which was the right choice and my barman also commented it was a good choice and his favourite on the menu!

Staff were friendly and I was even offered a few free shots as I sat there for the evening at the bar...next time I am back I will definitely be back alone again on business or with friends!