“My favorite place in Jerusalem!”
Review of Hamarakiya

Hamarakiya
Ranked #144 of 743 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I used to live in Jerusalem and have ate there many times. Every soup I've tasted was excellent, the price in very low, the service in friendly and the atmosphere is worm and homey. The best option in a cold winter day or night! You won't regret!!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

In this restaurant it is impossible to match two forks, or spoons or seats, or whatever. Everything seems collected around by a crazy genious but the result is a very warm and friendly atmosphere. Mostly young people but there is a place for everybody, as far as you are prepared to have a dinner on an old sewer machine table (I have seen one on this in my grandmother house). Food is very good - I personally tried hunnus and eggplants with cheese but I see other people eating greetly huge bowls of soup. Service is friendly and the bill will be very low. Do not forget to have a look at the chandelier.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have eaten here twice in two weeks and found that the soups I ordered were excellent. Fresh and tasty. It's a good choice for lunch or for a very casual dinner with friends.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Nice cosy little restaurant that serves great soup! Not sure if they serve other things but soup is what they are known for. Very busy when we went and get the feeling it's like that most nights. Only downside was the service was pretty slow.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Had a pretty hard time finding this place, but was really glad we took the time to do so! This is a soup place, and they do it well. Casual, Cozy, young laid-back place for a nice soup dinner (wasn't quite hungry for a 'full' dinner), which is served with lots of awesome bread alongside butter and pesto, for about 28 sheckles (~$9). I had a tomato w/vegetables soup-- super hearty! Want to try their lentil soup next. SO highly reccommended.

2  Thank drsyen